Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-12-2019, 04:24 AM   #121
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by amin021023 View Post
I have a rebranded boyue t63 (rk3026), I have rooted it though, I'm new to all this, could I use this method to install Koreader? And could you tell me the exact adb push command appropriate for this one click installation?
This package is exclusively for Kobo. For Android you should download koreader-android-arm-linux-androideabi-v2019.08.apk from here.

On normal Android you'd use adb install koreader-android-arm-linux-androideabi-v2019.08.apk, which automatically includes pushing to an appropriate location, assuming you want to do it from a computer. Generally speaking it's easier to just download it on the Android device and to start the installation from there.

If you mean that the device needs to be rooted first before you can install packages at all, I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere first.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:05 AM   #122
amin021023
Enthusiast
amin021023 began at the beginning.

Device: Fidibook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
This package is exclusively for Kobo. For Android you should download koreader-android-arm-linux-androideabi-v2019.08.apk from here.

On normal Android you'd use adb install koreader-android-arm-linux-androideabi-v2019.08.apk, which automatically includes pushing to an appropriate location, assuming you want to do it from a computer. Generally speaking it's easier to just download it on the Android device and to start the installation from there.

If you mean that the device needs to be rooted first before you can install packages at all, I'm afraid you'll have to look elsewhere first.
I have already rooted it and I have already tried the koreader-android-arm-linux-androideabi-v2019.08.apk but it doesn't work.

The thing is that my rebranded boyue is locked so the only way to install apps on its original Rom (which I intend to keep) is to install them as system apps by pushing them apks to /system/app after mounting the /system through su and adb shell. You get it?

And I thought I'd need to install the launcher prior to installing koreader.

My device has this characteristics:
Rk3026
6 inch e-ink
512 mb Ram
Dual core 1ghz Cpu
Turn page buttons
Locked OS

Last edited by amin021023; 08-12-2019 at 07:09 AM.
amin021023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2019, 08:55 AM   #123
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
@amin021023: Kobo OS is embedded linux, not Android. Let's move the conversation to the proper thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=227
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:14 AM   #124
Shaukat
Shaukat began at the beginning.

PLATO is not showing my books and data

Hey, this one click process is amazing. It really worked. But there is a slight problem, the plato reader has been working, it's opening but it doesn't not show/read data and books of my memory card, whereas the Koreader is working perfectly. Any thought on this plato issue? I would be grateful.
Shaukat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:37 AM   #125
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Shaukat: I'd ask @baskerville in the Plato thread .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2019, 12:36 PM   #126
Shaukat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Shaukat: I'd ask @baskerville in the Plato thread .
Thank you NiLuJe. I'll be waiting for your response as I really like to use plato, but I am not being able to read in it due to the reason stated.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:33 PM   #127
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Shaukat: If your're wiating for an anwser from me personally, you'll potentially be waiting for a while, as I'm not a Plato developer, @baskerville is .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-14-2019 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:07 PM   #128
Shaukat

Smile

Quote:
@Shaukat: If your're wiating for an anwser from me personally, you'll potentially be waiting for a while, as I'm not a Plato developer, @baskerville is .
I am a newbie here, I will wait for your answer, once u hav corresponded the matter with Baskerville
Old 08-14-2019, 03:25 PM   #129
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaukat View Post
I am a newbie here, I will wait for your answer, once u hav corresponded the matter with Baskerville
YOU need to get in touch with Baskerville through the Plato thread you were pointed too.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:20 AM   #130
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Members are reminded to follow the posting guidelines, especially

1. Discuss Things Politely

Please report offending posts to the moderators using the Name:  report.gif
Views: 929
Size:  916 Bytes button rather than responding in-thread. Thank you.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 07:52 AM   #131
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
For your experience, there's some of this alternatives reader that works better with cbz and pdf files than the two builtin readers?
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:27 AM   #132
NiLuJe
BLAM!

A > 10" LCD tablet? ^^.

I don't read Manga, but, even on a Forma, I find PDF/CBZ extremely tedious. That's just me, though.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:43 AM   #133
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

I didn't asked about better devices, I asked about better readers, if there is one.

If the alternative is a tablet, I get the paper.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:28 AM   #134
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't read Manga, but, even on a Forma, I find PDF/CBZ extremely tedious. That's just me, though.
I read Cells at Work on my H2O, seemed fine to me.

Thanks to fit to page/content width KOReader/Plato is a heck of a lot more convenient for paged media than any program that doesn't offer that.

As to whether you find it works for you, just give it a go? Either program is certainly better than Nickel.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 04:38 PM   #135
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Nickel is the GUI interface, not the reader.

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato