Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #16
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by measure View Post
I am contemplating the M92 as well as Pocketbook's similar offerings. The M92 seems to have better hardware and is more aesthetically pleasing to me. The only reason I'd choose a Pocketbook instead would be if the software of the M92 continued on like the software of the M90 (read: if the software on the Boox hasn't improved enough, I'll buy a Pocketbook)

As the Boox doesn't seem to get any "professional" reviews (whatever this means), I am very much looking forward to a video of the M92 from Booxtor. I am particularly interested in the djvu format performance, as most of my documents are of this format. I would include a document, but the forums do not allow .djvu files to be attached. If you could somehow include this in your assessment, I'd be most grateful.

At any rate, thanks for sharing what you have so far.
That makes it two of us

I need one more reader for the household, and though I am pretty happy with my PB903, but the M92 has a Pearl screen, and if annotation works well I may take the plunge. Boxtoor, I am also looking forward to your review, especially for what concerns annotation.

As far as I remember you also have a Pocketbook - you may know that there is a new (beta) firmware version (2.1.2): if you still have your Pocketbook, I'd be interested in a comparison between your M92 and the PB with the new firmware: I am sure a lot of people would be very grateful!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #17
reaperhk
reaperhk began at the beginning.

Device: Sont PRS-T1
I would like to purchase one if the feedback is good, even though I have just purchased Sony PRS-T1 (I have waited for a large ereader for a long time, ASUS , M90.... but a good one seems never come)

For those who is M90 owner, I think you are better to send the email to ask Boox.
I read the official Chinese forum of Boox in China. People also complained about buggy M90.

Boox in China provides a "paid" upgrade for M90 to M92. It only cost 299 Chinese Yuan.

I think they should provide the same upgrade to the international user.

Here is the google translation:
http://translate.google.com/translat...-6271-1-1.html

This is the adv photo:
reaperhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #18
longchuai
longchuai began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox M90
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaperhk View Post
For those who is M90 owner, I think you are better to send the email to ask Boox.
I read the official Chinese forum of Boox in China. People also complained about buggy M90.

Boox in China provides a "paid" upgrade for M90 to M92. It only cost 299 Chinese Yuan.

It would be great if we can upgrade the device. I would be happy to pay a little bit more to get Wifi usable.
longchuai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #19
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
I would like to purchase one if the feedback is good, even though I have just purchased Sony PRS-T1 (I have waited for a large ereader for a long time, ASUS , M90.... but a good one seems never come)

This is the adv photo:
Oh.... I should have mailed my M90 back to China and let my mom do the *upgrade*. lol
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #20
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
$47? I would happily pay the upgrade fee to get a unit I don't have to futz with every time I want to read.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 05:08 PM   #21
reaperhk
reaperhk began at the beginning.

Device: Sont PRS-T1
I am not sure if it is valid for the customer outside China, however, same as users in their official Chinese forum said Boox treated buyers as "Laboratory mice" because M90 is not a complete product, so Boox should provide an upgrade. I think for those buyers, keep on sending email to ask and complain

For those who do not owner M90 (for example, me), can wait for the review report and make the decision of purchase
reaperhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:15 PM   #22
kamizase
Connoisseur
kamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox 60
I got an idea for a test - typing on the software keyboard. It was quite a nightmare on the M90, due to slow reaction and not accurate stylus action. If that is fixed then I think I am sold.
kamizase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:06 PM   #23
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
I am not sure if it is valid for the customer outside China, however, same as users in their official Chinese forum said Boox treated buyers as "Laboratory mice" because M90 is not a complete product, so Boox should provide an upgrade. I think for those buyers, keep on sending email to ask and complain

For those who do not owner M90 (for example, me), can wait for the review report and make the decision of purchase
The way these companies work, you might have to wait for M120... Wish Amazon offered a DX Touch.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 12:21 AM   #24
jian1
Banned
jian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toysjian1 shares his or her toys

Device: Onyx Boox M92
UPDATE:Read my other thread about upgrading from M90 to M92....forget about it and it's impossible.. they dissed us M90 users outside of China and blamed everything on Onyx-USA...
jian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #25
maindoor
Enthusiast
maindoor began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin
Here booxter have an upvote. Please post the video review for M92. Been waiting for
a long time for a decent 9.7inch, this maybe it. Or a 912. A comparison with PB912 would be a viral video in this Forum.
maindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:06 AM   #26
Onyx Europe
Distributor
Onyx Europe is on a distinguished road

Device: Onyx Boox M91S
Quote:
Originally Posted by maindoor View Post
Here booxter have an upvote. Please post the video review for M92. Been waiting for
a long time for a decent 9.7inch, this maybe it. Or a 912. A comparison with PB912 would be a viral video in this Forum.
We'll receive both devices in December, than I can make a comparison between the M92 and PB 912
Onyx Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:39 AM   #27
adrhc
Connoisseur
adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.

Device: PcketBook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by maindoor View Post
I hardly wait for the comparison.
adrhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #28
mrevent
Zealot
mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.mrevent knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: kindle 3w, dxg, 5, Kv
Another one here eagerly waiting for the review...

Could you also tell say a few words on whether it is possible to transfer annotations/ marks on pdf's to the computer?
(well, it would be great if a pdf reader in computer would immediately recognize and display annotations/ highlights made in an e-reader... but I don't have hopes in this regard...)
mrevent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 05:36 AM   #29
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Here is my promised short video review:

http://youtu.be/0EL43EQg8YM

Regards
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:14 AM   #30
kamizase
Connoisseur
kamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Yay, the virtual keyboard looks really responsive and usable, thanks Booxtor!

A word of warning for people, it's the whole video which flickers, not just the ereader screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrevent View Post
Could you also tell say a few words on whether it is possible to transfer annotations/ marks on pdf's to the computer?
(well, it would be great if a pdf reader in computer would immediately recognize and display annotations/ highlights made in an e-reader... but I don't have hopes in this regard...)
This is a feature that is being marketed for the upcoming i62 model. I hope it won't be exclusive for that model and will be available as a firmware upgrade later.
kamizase is offline   Reply With Quote