Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-28-2017, 05:50 PM   #1
Violander
Violander began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
What do you use for Managing Collections?

I've been looking around for a Collections Manager (that is hopefully on Windows).

Here There were a few recommendation but none of them work for me for some reason.

This is another, but I would much rather use something that would allow me to throw books in different folders using Windows File Explorer (or something similar). Although, I don't actually get how I can easily customize Collections in Calibre itself and tags are too numerous.

Any help would be appreciated.
Violander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:04 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Targeting what Kindle model?
Surely not a K2 - I don't believe any firmware version for the K2 supported collections.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:53 AM   #3
Violander
Violander began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Surely not a K2 - I don't believe any firmware version for the K2 supported collections.
Yeah I wrote that incorrectly when registering.

I have Kindle Basic Touch 2014 (KT2). Firmware 5.8.X

Last edited by Violander; 03-01-2017 at 03:56 AM.
Violander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:18 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violander View Post
Yeah I wrote that incorrectly when registering.

I have Kindle Basic Touch 2014 (KT2). Firmware 5.8.X
LibrarianSync.
It will create collections based on the directory structure (on the Kindle) under /documents.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:40 AM   #5
Gazerwolf
Enthusiast
Gazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheeseGazerwolf can extract oil from cheese

Device: 2 K2 Int, K4 SO, K4 Keyboard, Kindle DXG,Voyage(broke screen)PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The K2 does collections.
Gazerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, kindle