Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-15-2014, 07:04 PM   #1
headache
headache began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Unhappy A bunch of trouble with my kobo!

So it seems one of the recent updates to my kobo glo (I believe it was 3.9) has completely messed it up.

For instance, some books won't go into my kobo at all, the desktop app says something went wrong while syncing and I have tried pretty much all restarts and reboots possible.

And another thing which I find very weird is that my free epubs (not obtained through the Kobo store, but legally none the less) are telling me they are protected by Adobe DRM. Well I have never gotten a DRM protected epub so I have no idea what's wrong with that.

I naively thought update 3.12 would fix something, and while some of my free epubs are working again, others I still cannot open.

I also have a problem where some of my kobo epubs (purchased on the kobo store) won't work at all on the ereader and I have to download the epub version of them and put it on the kobo manually.

If anyone happens to know how to fix any of these things, please help!

I apologize in advance if these problems have been addressed elsewhere and if they have please direct me to them.

headache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The database on the device is corrupt. Unless you have a backup from before this happening, you will need to signout on the device and then back in. This will create a new database and then load the books that are on the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2014, 06:01 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
"all restarts and reboots possible" doesn't tell us much - a factory reset should have fixed the issue davidfor is referring to, I think.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:13 AM   #4
headache
headache began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Wow, signing in and out actually worked...
It actually fixed everything...
Well, thank you davidfor for the help!

Any idea how it got corrupted?
Since I had the 3rd problem I mentioned since I bought the kobo I guess it was corrupted from day one?
headache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 06:36 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by headache View Post
Wow, signing in and out actually worked...
It actually fixed everything...
Well, thank you davidfor for the help!

Any idea how it got corrupted?
Since I had the 3rd problem I mentioned since I bought the kobo I guess it was corrupted from day one?
The obvious way to do this is to not eject from the PC properly. Other than that, I don't know. Maybe a bug in the firmware or a crash at exactly the wrong time.

And if it has happened since you got the device, then yes, something broke the database back then.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert