Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-07-2008, 05:28 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I know that demon as in the little red guy with a pitchfork used to be spelt (and sometimes still is) as daemon, but I've never come across daemon being spelt as demon.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #17
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I know that demon as in the little red guy with a pitchfork used to be spelt (and sometimes still is) as daemon, but I've never come across daemon being spelt as demon.
Yep... that's what a demon is:

1. an evil spirit; devil or fiend. 2. an evil passion or influence. 3. a person considered extremely wicked, evil, or cruel.
But, also from the Wikipedia entry on daemon:

Quote:
Pronunciation

The word daemon is an alternate spelling of demon, and taken out of its computer science context, it is pronounced /ˈdiːmən/ DEE-mən.[3][4][5] Perhaps due to the relative obscurity of this spelling elsewhere, the computer term daemon is commonly pronounced /ˈdeɪmən/ DAY-mən.
Either way I think we both know what is being referred to here. And thank you for your answer.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #18
Cold
Cold began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyIvan View Post
I believe he's just using Apache's reverse proxy features
Yep, exactly - very useful indeed.

Quote:
Would it help if gui.js used relative paths instead of absolute ones?
It would :)

I'm serving from http://domain.com/some/path/, /static is therefore http://domain.com/some/path/static/ (Which the reverse proxy rewrite takes care of), /library is at http://domain.com/some/path/library and /get is http://domain.com/some/path/get

Those last two, being called by gui.js, can't be rewritten by mod_proxy_html as it doesn't parse .js files

Quote:
EDIT: I've changed gui.js to use the hostname+absolute path
It's honouring the path that's the issue, so an absolute path will be no good without additional JS jiggery-pokery.

Thanks for looking at this, it's appreciated.

Last edited by Cold; 11-07-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:07 PM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK I've changed gui.js to use relative paths.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:12 AM   #20
Cold

Thank you
Advert
Old 11-09-2008, 09:53 AM   #21
Raduz
Raduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheese

Device: PRS-505, Kobo Glo
Quote:
How have you installed calibre? via the binary installer or easy_install?
Easy_install.
Raduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:13 PM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

What does

locate wsgiserver

give you?
Old 11-09-2008, 03:31 PM   #23
Raduz
Raduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheeseRaduz can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
What does

locate wsgiserver

give you?
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/server/http/tests/test_wsgiserver.py
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/server/http/tests/test_wsgiserver.pyc
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/calibre-0.4.102-py2.5-linux-i686.egg/cherrypy/wsgiserver
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/calibre-0.4.102-py2.5-linux-i686.egg/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.pyc
Old 11-09-2008, 04:10 PM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I'm at a loss, the only explanation I can come with for the error message you're getting is a conflicting cherrypy install
Old 11-09-2008, 04:11 PM   #25
Raduz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raduz View Post
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/server/http/tests/test_wsgiserver.py
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/server/http/tests/test_wsgiserver.pyc
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/calibre-0.4.102-py2.5-linux-i686.egg/cherrypy/wsgiserver
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/calibre-0.4.102-py2.5-linux-i686.egg/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.pyc
And before you ask, "updatedb" added this, of course:

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/calibre-0.4.103-py2.5-linux-i686.egg/cherrypy/wsgiserver
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/calibre-0.4.103-py2.5-linux-i686.egg/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.pyc
Old 11-09-2008, 04:26 PM   #26
Raduz

Quote:
I'm at a loss, the only explanation I can come with for the error message you're getting is a conflicting cherrypy install
I have tried running content server on different machine, different install (still Debian testing, of course), and got same error. Strange. When run on OpenSUSE 11 in a virtual machine, it has started without a problem (using both binary and from source install). I will try binary and from source install on Debian, and let you know if it made any difference.

BTW, isn't it strange that the error message contains "cStringIO.StringO" instead of "cStringIO.StringIO"? I have just checked, it's really there, not an error during the copy&paste.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

cStringIO has StringO and StringI classes instead of a single StringIO class
Old 11-11-2008, 05:51 AM   #28
Cold

Hi Kovid,

The changes to gui.js now allow the Web UI to be served via a reverse proxy

Last tiny niggle, in gui.css there's still an absolute reference to /static/bg_search_box.png

Thanks again for the good work,

- Cold

Last edited by Cold; 11-11-2008 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:44 AM   #29
Raduz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raduz View Post
I will try binary and from source install on Debian, and let you know if it made any difference.
Well, binary install works, no error when accessing content server. Source install bombs on missing libunrar.so during the postinstall phase. I have compiled libunrar.so, and then it bombs on "OSError: /usr/lib/libunrar.so: undefined symbol: _ZN10RecVolumesC1Ev".
Old 11-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #30
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold View Post
Hi Kovid,

The changes to gui.js now allow the Web UI to be served via a reverse proxy

Last tiny niggle, in gui.css there's still an absolute reference to /static/bg_search_box.png

Thanks again for the good work,

- Cold
Fixed