Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-03-2019, 11:00 PM   #1
Skumar
Skumar began at the beginning.

Device: amazon kindle basic 8th generation
english india newspaper when convert from mobi to azw3 disfunction ToC

I have kindle basic and ilike to read newspaper fetched by calibre. But the problem is that default input set by calibre to fetch newspaper is .mobi which does not support custom fonts in Kindle device. So i convert the newspapers from .mobi to .azw3 and transfer the files to Kindle using usb. Then AZW3 files of newspaper not shows ToC as of .mobi format . So can there any way i get same ToC output in azw3 as .mobi ?
or
Can there any way .mobi support custom fonts in kindle device?
thanks

Last edited by Skumar; 02-03-2019 at 11:01 PM. Reason: typing error
Skumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:42 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
amazon does not allow periodicals in azw3 format, only mobi
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2019, 09:19 AM   #3
Skumar

I read other thread on forum that double mobi or mixed mobi or mobi/both format have some feature like custom fonts. can you please tell me how i convert any ebook to above stated format.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:41 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

it is pointless, if you convert to that format, and send a periodical it will behave the same as an azw3
Old 02-10-2019, 09:32 PM   #5
Skumar

Ok. Sir actually i want that format for ncert books. As ncert hindi books available as epub so if i convert them mobi the non unicode font of books do not include and unreadable. azw3 is not accepted over the cloud at amazon. thats why i ask you for that double mobi format.
can amazon provide sync bookmark facility for personal docs ?
thanks you
Advert
Old 02-11-2019, 12:27 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The option to control what type of mobi file is produced is in the MOBI Output section of the conversion dialog.