Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-12-2018, 04:55 PM   #1
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
10 years went by.

I got to thinking. . .

It's been 10 years I've been posting here. Where did they go?

No more talking dogs, silly stories, or madcap antics. . .

Too many brothers and sisters in the sand. . .

So many ebooks gone from the library. Even when they are legal again (Life + 70), they never get re-posted. . .

No more sense of adventure, waiting for the Next Big Thing. . .

I'm getting to feel more and more like Jack Beauregard. . . .

The important thing is, there's a ship. . .
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:59 AM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post

So many ebooks gone from the library. Even when they are legal again (Life + 70), they never get re-posted. . .
The library is up to date. This year's crop was re-added shortly after the first of the year.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2018, 06:33 PM   #3
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I got to thinking. . .

It's been 10 years I've been posting here. Where did they go?

No more talking dogs, silly stories, or madcap antics. . .

Too many brothers and sisters in the sand. . .

No more sense of adventure, waiting for the Next Big Thing. . .

I'm getting to feel more and more like Jack Beauregard. . . .

The important thing is, there's a ship. . .
I also miss the early days of ereaders, when the new version coming out really was a major improvement of the previous ones. My friends miss it too, since they tended to benefit from my giving away or selling the earlier ones.

And I miss some of the silliness - like the year all the icons seemed to be sock puppets of some kind.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:42 PM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Don't forget the bacon, and donuts.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote