Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
jaybee
Enthusiast
jaybee began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Touch PRS-500
New problem loading with libprs500

I have downloaded lots of books from this site and loaded them onto my PRS500 with no problems. Now, suddenly, when I try to load a new book I get an error message:
Unhandled exception -- "BookList" object has no attribute 'root_element'

Libprs500 then locks up and I have to do a "force quit" to make it close. (I'm on a Mac.) The book is loaded, but it's title is listed as "Libprs500 40, or some other number.

Any suggestions? (I'm using libprs500 0.4.22)
jaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you really should upgrade libprs500 is at 0.4.33 right now.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2008, 08:34 PM   #3
jaybee
Enthusiast
jaybee began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Touch PRS-500
Thanks! That seems to have taken care of the problem.
jaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:21 AM   #4
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Problem upgrading to version 4.33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
you really should upgrade libprs500 is at 0.4.33 right now.
I've decided to upgrade also, I'm using version 4.31. I'm getting this error upon installing so I abort!

Error opening file for writing: C:\Program Files\libprs500\MSVCR71.dll
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:30 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

First uninstall then install
Advert
Old 01-10-2008, 01:36 AM   #6
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Thank you; it was what I was doing wrong. It works now.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #7
Surfergirl
Enthusiast
Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Surfergirl has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505 (Blue)/PRS-505 (Red)/iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Should you always uninstall libprs500 before installing a new version, or is it OK to upgrade in-situ?
Surfergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:23 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Usually it should be fine, especially if you aren't installing the USB drivers.