Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-16-2019, 07:30 AM   #1
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
How do companies or your company create digital libraries today?

Hi Everyone,

Trying to get some insights into how and what type of companies are most likely to create digital libraries? Does your company have a digital library today?

Any input would be helpful. I will be happy to provide you with an Amazon/Starbucks gift card or discounted plan on our platform for your input. Feel free to PM as well.

Disclaimer: I am the founder of BookFusion and also have an eBook solution for businesses at https://www.bookfusion.com/business

Last edited by skillachie; 02-18-2019 at 06:26 PM.
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:20 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is there a commercial reason for your question? If so, you should declare that up-front.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:46 PM   #3
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is there a commercial reason for your question? If so, you should declare that up-front.
Hi HarryT,

Thank you for responding.

As a reader and also one of the owners of BookFusion i am interested both personally and commercially. I will not be selling in this thread but would like a honest discussion.

I genuinely want to know if companies that members of MobileRead work at have a company library and if so what do they use today? What issues do they encounter and any additional needs they might have.

Last edited by skillachie; 02-16-2019 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:41 AM   #4
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
So you are looking for information for business purposes. I participate here as a reader and user of ereading devices and I see this as a reader to reader discussion; a place to exchange ideas and opinions with no other motive than just to exchange ideas and opinions. I understand business people wanting to accumulate information but I'm not interested in participating in that. For that reason I'm glad HarryT asked the question. I don't know or care if others want to participate but I personally find the idea of business people using discussion forums like this as surveys mildly offensive.

I realize you said you want that discussion both as a reader and a businessman but that seems insincere to me. You asked a business question.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 11:55 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
So you are looking for information for business purposes. I participate here as a reader and user of ereading devices and I see this as a reader to reader discussion; a place to exchange ideas and opinions with no other motive than just to exchange ideas and opinions. I understand business people wanting to accumulate information but I'm not interested in participating in that. For that reason I'm glad HarryT asked the question. I don't know or care if others want to participate but I personally find the idea of business people using discussion forums like this as surveys mildly offensive.

I realize you said you want that discussion both as a reader and a businessman but that seems insincere to me. You asked a business question.

Barry
As a victim of products that were designed (and bought) without consulting the actual users (or installers/repairmen).
I think this IS the place to ask, WITH A FULL DISCLOSURE UP FRONT, so you can choose (like you did).

One of the best things about Calibre, is that Kovid listens to a wide range of users. IMHO it is one of the most USER friendly apps I have used in almost 50 years of computer use.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 02:50 AM   #6
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post

Barry
Hi Barry,

I won't argue with your opinion as I can see how it can be interpreted as insincere. I could have easily chose to create a new account and asked the question but i choose not to.

Will ask a MOD to delete the post as it seems to be offensive and was interpreted in the wrong way.

Best,
Dwayne
Old 02-18-2019, 02:53 AM   #7
skillachie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
As a victim of products that were designed (and bought) without consulting the actual users (or installers/repairmen).
I think this IS the place to ask, WITH A FULL DISCLOSURE UP FRONT, so you can choose (like you did).

One of the best things about Calibre, is that Kovid listens to a wide range of users. IMHO it is one of the most USER friendly apps I have used in almost 50 years of computer use.
Thanks for posting.

Since I had a footer and logo i thought it was apparent enough but will be extremely explicit going forward.

I am genuinely interested in hearing the thoughts of anyone that is willing to share. Please feel free to send me a PM as I am requesting this post be deleted.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:26 PM   #8
skillachie
Addict

Have updated the post as it cannot be deleted. Please feel free to provide input, I will be happy to compensate you for your time.