Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-15-2019, 04:31 PM   #3046
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yes, that's one of the entry in the search tab of the FM.

EDIT: missed a new page, yay.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 04:41 PM   #3047
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You have to have calibre put the books on your device and create a "metadata.calibre" file, that it maintains whenever it transfers files to your device.
It was already there. Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
It takes awhile for a large library, a few min., to bring up the first menu.
I see. Are there any screenshots of how the menu looks when the library is already loaded?

[INCANUS]
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2019, 05:38 PM   #3048
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Define "didn't work". What happened, exactly?
Old 02-15-2019, 06:33 PM   #3049
Incanus
Incanus

I type part of the name that would match several books stored in the uSD card and the Calibre search says there are no books to match.

[INCANUS]
Old 02-15-2019, 10:43 PM   #3050
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Would those book happen to be KePubs? Or stored in a hidden folder?
Advert
Old 02-16-2019, 07:51 AM   #3051
Incanus
Incanus

Nope, all of them are either regular epub or mobi ebooks.

Is it me or am I missing some KOReader configuration regarding the Calibre library file on the uSD card?

At a loss,

[INCANUS]
Old 02-16-2019, 08:35 AM   #3052
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Ah, yes, that was going to be my next question, sorry I missed that if you mentioned it earlier (and you did ).

If you're pushing books both to the internal storage and the sd card, the default "find the calibre database automatically" behavior will basically return the first one it finds, and there's potentially no real way to say which one that'll be (but I'd say there's a higher chance it'll point to the internal one).

So, that leaves you with having to manually set this up. This is done via the defaults.lua system. I'll direct you to the wiki for more details on how to make this persistent across updates, but, for now, check the defaults.lua file, in particular the section about SEARCH_LIBRARY_PATH

If you actively use both storage locations with Calibre, you'll probably want to use something like

Code:
SEARCH_LIBRARY_PATH  = "/mnt/onboard"
SEARCH_LIBRARY_PATH2 = "/mnt/sd"
(To be tweaked if you use a more unconventional setup with the library in a specific subdirectory).

That should make things behave after a KOReader restart, and a single search will look at both "libraries" at once.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-16-2019 at 08:39 AM.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:13 AM   #3053
Incanus
Incanus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Ah, yes, that was going to be my next question, sorry I missed that if you mentioned it earlier (and you did ).
Hey, you guys are bearing with my inane questions that are very probably answered elsewhere so, why would I complain?

I'm very gratefull for your help, good sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
If you're pushing books both to the internal storage and the sd card, the default "find the calibre database automatically" behavior will basically return the first one it finds, and there's potentially no real way to say which one that'll be (but I'd say there's a higher chance it'll point to the internal one).

So, that leaves you with having to manually set this up. [...]

That should make things behave after a KOReader restart, and a single search will look at both "libraries" at once.

Thank you very much:clear instructions, easy to follow and to the point.

I've now edited said file on my Aura 2013 and will report on the results.

BTW: I truly don't know if your instructions are in fact duly posted on elsewhere on the KOReader proper documentation / this thread first post / other posting on KOReader. Hint-hint, wink-wink :-P

Very gratefully yours,

[INCANUS]
Old 02-16-2019, 09:34 AM   #3054
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Incanus: Good point, a quick search in the wiki yields nothing, I'll pass that on to our resident Wiki guru, Alan .
Old 02-16-2019, 04:17 PM   #3055
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Ugh, I'm not sure what should I put there (and where exactly), I don't use calibre at all and also I don't use SD card, only internal memory (although on H2O internal memory is SD card)...

So, if you can post what should be placed in wiki, I can copy it there, but I know in such case I'm a bit redundant.

Sorry, but there's a lot of things I don't use and don't know how to use. Koreader today is such great (meaning also very big and complex) software, so it is hard to know everything it does. I try to enter info in wiki I know and understand, not to confuse people with wrong instructions.

If I well understood problem and solution, it would be something like this:

If you want to use calibre and have books both on internal and external memory, you need to set koreader to know how to access both places.

This is done via the defaults.lua system (or, persistent.defaults.lua, which survives manual updates, so best to use it instead defaults.lua). In particular the section about SEARCH_LIBRARY_PATH

If you actively use both storage locations with Calibre, you'll probably want to use something like

Code:
SEARCH_LIBRARY_PATH  = "/mnt/onboard"
SEARCH_LIBRARY_PATH2 = "/mnt/sd"

(make sure to use correct path)

I hope this is correct instructions?
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:28 PM   #3056
chronoreverse
Enthusiast
chronoreverse is on a distinguished road

Device: none
@NiLuJe
For some reason I haven't been getting the freezes since I posted that log. No idea what changed but I'm just happy about it!
chronoreverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 11:38 PM   #3057
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Alan: Yep, that'll do nicely, thank you very much .

As for a place to put it, I'm loathe to say the tips and tricks page, because it's already 5 million lines too long, so maybe a new page titled "Calibre interaction"? Stuff about the Calibre wireless driver might fit in there, too.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:26 PM   #3058
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
I added info in Calibre wireless connection article as addendum, it seems most logical there: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ess-connection
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 03:38 AM   #3059
chronoreverse
Enthusiast
chronoreverse is on a distinguished road

Device: none
I'm finding I only use Koreader! Is there a way to have Koreader just be the default? A non-kfmon way to just launch into Koreader on boot (and only go into Nickel when I exit Koreader)?

I found advboot and it pretty closely does what I want. Loving the Kobo and its flexibility.

Last edited by chronoreverse; 02-18-2019 at 04:20 AM.
chronoreverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:38 AM   #3060
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I don't know about advboot, but you can also use KSM and tell it to autostart KOReader.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote