Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 06-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
DuhMe
DuhMe began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Broken Recipe-Our Daily Bread?

I posted this on the Calibre facebook page, and got a response that I should post about the problem here, and maybe someone could look into it. Below is the post.
"I hope this is the right place for this. I've been using Calibre for quite a while, but I'm new to this page. I have 'news' downloaded every day. It's "Our Daily Bread". It's a free daily devotional, giving a Bible passage, then the message or story part. A couple of updates ago, it quit downloading the Bible passage-{Read: Colossians 3:1-12}. When I go to the page that it is downloaded from, it does have the passage. So now I have to go to the ODB site to get the passage, then back to Calibre to read the rest. (I prefer to read it on Calibre.) Any suggestions? Is there some bug or something, why it quit downloading the one part?"
DuhMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
the recipe uses the following rss feed
http://odb.org/feed/
Is your article included in it? Because the news download seems to include all articles in this rss feed
If you article is not included in this feed can you give a link to your article? I will see if i can include it
Thanks
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
DuhMe

When I click to go to the page that the daily devotional is downloaded from, it is the same page that I get to, using the rss feed that you showed. I'm not sure if this answers what you're asking...when I open the 'book'--the downloaded news, through Calibre, the main article is shown. The reading for the day, as well as the 'Bible in a year' are not shown. {Please forgive me if I didn't answer what you're asking--i have FMS, alnd have been very 'foggy' lately}
Old 06-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

sorry, I did not see this on the day you put this post. My bad. Can you do this gain tomorrow? Because by now the rss feed has changed.
Today the rss feed i see has the following 10 articles an attached is the epub book generated by calibre which seems to have the same 10 articles to me. Sorry am i missing something?

A Circle Of Friends06/11/2012 10:30 AM

Unanswered06/10/2012 10:30 AM

The Way To An “Easy” Life06/09/2012 10:30 AM

Getting To Heaven06/08/2012 10:30 AM

Uncontrollable Unexpected06/07/2012 10:30 AM

A Better Place06/06/2012 10:30 AM

Just This Once06/05/2012 10:30 AM

Getting It Right On The Inside06/04/2012 10:30 AM

Careless Speech06/03/2012 10:30 AM

Fragile Loads06/02/2012 10:30 AM
Attached Files
File Type: epub Our Daily Bread - calibre.epub (99.5 KB, 147 views)
Old 06-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think what the original poster is after is this.

When you look at the web page, you see not only the daily musing or thought (today I see "A Circle Of Friends") but also a link to a suggested bible passage (today it's Read: Ephesians 2:1-13 which links to http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...sians+2%3A1-13 ).

He was hoping the link to the reading could be followed and included in the download.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

Ah if that is what you mean it will take me a little time to include it. I am not an expert and will have to do some learning. I believe it is possible though. If some one else knows how to do this already please go ahead.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #7
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

working on it
Old 06-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #8
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

see if the attached recipe is what you were looking for. run it and see if you get what you want. it will be included in calibre for the next release.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bread_2.recipe.zip (1.4 KB, 154 views)
Old 07-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #9
DuhMe

Our Daily Bread

Hello again,
sorry i haven't responded sooner. {fms acting up} I see that now the Bible reading is included. That's not exactly what I was talking about, but I do like it. In earlier versions, when you would click on the verse, a webpage would open up, http://www.biblegateway.com , the same way it does if you click it from the ODB website. I'm not complaining...you did a good job!