Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
comment out lines in CSS

back in my conventional programming days, most languages had a way to comment out certain lines, rendering them ineffective.

e.g. in BASIC, you put REM at start of line ( i think - i'ts been a long time...)

is there any way to do something line that in css ?

say there's a font family or RGB setting that I don't think I want to keep but I don't want the hassle of copying it to another file & I know that I won't remember it once it's gone.

can I put something at start of definition line that will cause it to be ignored ?
but will keep the code to hand if I ever want to re-instate it.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Within CSS, you can use c-style comments:
/* this is a comment */
Slash asterisk to open, asterisk slash to close.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2011, 01:10 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
excellent thanks - using it already.

pity it's not a start of line only tweak, as writing a regex to wrap those character pairs around , say , every font-family definiion will be a challenge to compose - LOTS of escape characters!
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:54 AM   #4
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
cybmole, I haven't tested, but you may be able to search for
Quote:
(font-family.*)(?=\n)
Replace with
Quote:
\* \1 *\
regex - minimal matching
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote