Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 08:00 PM   #586
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I WANT!!!! Ok cant send just send me the recipe

Here it is! Enjoy.

(I "monkey around with" the banana-chocolate smoothie recipe by skipping the ice and adding to the blender a little extra chocolate sauce, plus almonds, walnuts, and flaked coconut, to taste.)

Last edited by Froide; 12-28-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 07:30 AM   #587
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Day 05 -- 12 Days of Big Finish -- exp 30 Dec
  • £2.99/ $2.99 - The Scorchies -- James Goss -- full cast (60 min)
Quote:
On the fifth day of Christmas Big Finish offers you: Doctor Who - The Companion Chronicles: The Scorchies - £2.99 - download only for 48 hours

Click here to order the Download for Doctor Who - The Companion Chronicles: The Scorchies at £2.99:

The Doctor, his companion Jo Grant and the Brigadier face their strangest case yet – a Saturday night TV show that has been invaded by aliens that look like puppets!

The Scorchies want to take over the world. They want to kill the Doctor. And they want to perform some outstanding showtunes. Though not necessarily in that order…

With Jo caught inside The Scorchies Show, can she save the day before the planet Earth falls victim to the dark side of light entertainment?

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-29-2014 at 07:36 AM.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:56 PM   #588
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post

Here it is! Enjoy.

(I "monkey around with" the banana-chocolate smoothie recipe by skipping the ice and adding to the blender a little extra chocolate sauce, plus almonds, walnuts, and flaked coconut, to taste.)
I thinking Ice Cream instead of Ice!

Old 12-29-2014, 05:52 PM   #589
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Yummy idea. Enjoy.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:34 PM   #590
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Day 06 -- 12 Days of Big Finish -- exp 31 Dec
  • £2.99/ $2.99 - Love and War -- Paul Cornell -- full cast (180 min)
Quote:
On the sixth day of Christmas Big Finish offers you: Doctor Who - Love and War - £2.99 - download only for 48 hours...

Click here to buy Doctor Who - Love and War for £2.99 on Download.

On a planet called Heaven, all hell is breaking loose.

Heaven is a cemetery for both humans and Draconians - a final place of rest for those lost during wartime. The Doctor arrives on a trivial mission - to find a book, or so he says - and Ace, wandering around Joycetown, becomes involved with a charismatic Traveller called Jan.

But the Doctor is strenuously opposed to the romance. What is he trying to prevent? Is he planning some more deadly game connected with the coffins revered by the mysterious Church of Vacuum and the unusual Arch that marks the location of a secret building below ground?

Archaeologist Bernice Summerfield thinks so. Her destiny is inextricably linked with that of the Doctor, but even she may not be able to save Ace from the Time Lord's plans.

This time, has the Doctor gone too far?
Old 12-30-2014, 08:21 PM   #591
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
I was going to wait until the actual day to post this, but then I realized we'll be starting a new forum right afterwards. December 31 marks not only the end of 2014 (a year I'm kind of happy to put in my rear-view mirror), but also the end of another full year for this audiobook deals listing, even if in a new location. I want to thank tubemonkey for his tireless efforts to both keep us informed of these deals and keep them organized so we can find and reference everything easily. You make it easy for both those who keep up every day and the casual occasional reader, and for that I say bananas to you!

skinmaan
Thanks, I really appreciate the sentiment; but thank yourself too. You're the top deal finder here and you make my job that much easier.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:26 PM   #592
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Hear, hear! Thank you tubemonkey and skinmaan, and everyone else who posts about freebies, deals etc - your generosity is much appreciated. Every single audiobook I own (over 200, and they're all from actual vendors, not free sites like Librivox) was acquired at $0.00 (*) and was acquired with your help

tubemonkey, I wish I could send you some of the banana bread I've been baking; not the same as bananas but ...

(* Yes, it's true, and I'm not ashamed I spend way too much money on ebooks as it is )
You're quite welcome and thank you.

I love banana bread; especially with walnuts. It's even better than bananas.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:35 PM   #593
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Hear, hear! I certainly can't claim $0 spent on audio books, but I can definitely say I've spent a LOT less thanks to all who help here.

Merci beaucoup!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Ditto! Thanks so much. Banana daquiris all around!
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
And a hearty thanks from me, also, to all who post teh dealz. Audiobooks have become absurdly cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekaren View Post
Add my thanks to everyone who posts book deals... especially skinmaan and tubemonkey!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
A big heartfelt thank you from me as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Thank you from me as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
:2thum bsup:2 thumbsup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
Thank you, tubemonkey! Here's a banana-chocolate smoothie for you!
Y'all are welcome (says the west coast monkey). I really appreciate the thanks and the comradery we have in this thread. It makes posting here quite fun.

Again, thanks

PS: thanks for the drinks, Catlady and Froide - goes great with banana bread
Old 12-30-2014, 08:47 PM   #594
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Two matters:

1. Tubemonkey, have you named a successor as the grand poobah of the audiobooks thread in case . . . er . . . uh . . . something should happen to you? If not, I think that skinmaan would make an excellent choice.
Is monkey going away?

To tell the truth, I never gave it any thought. But, I agree with you on skinmaan. He'd definitely make an excellent choice to ride shotgun on this thread.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:50 PM   #595
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Two matters:

2. Has the following been on the book pages at Amazon all along, and I just missed it? Or, is it new? Regardless, I'm going to be using it often. Like the other suggestions/requests that I've sent to Amazon, I have to wonder if they'll do it.

Looking for the Audiobook Edition? Tell us that you'd like this title to be produced as an audiobook, and we'll alert our colleagues at Audible.com . . . .
No idea. I've never paid enough attention to notice. But it sounds like a great idea.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:08 PM   #596
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Is monkey going away?

To tell the truth, I never gave it any thought. But, I agree with you on skinmaan. He'd definitely make an excellent choice to ride shotgun on this thread.
To all of y'all - you're quite welcome for the deals; always happy to pass along the generosity of these companies.

As to helping out around here, I'm always happy to assist but I would never do as good a job with the summarizing as TM. The man has the patience of a saint.

Besides, the thread wouldn't be the same without the monkey-themed humor. Long life to you, monkey!
Old 12-31-2014, 08:36 AM   #597
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
To all of y'all - you're quite welcome for the deals; always happy to pass along the generosity of these companies.

As to helping out around here, I'm always happy to assist but I would never do as good a job with the summarizing as TM. The man has the patience of a saint.

Besides, the thread wouldn't be the same without the monkey-themed humor. Long life to you, monkey!
Thanks again - deals are the life blood of this thread - much thanks for bringing them here
Old 12-31-2014, 08:43 AM   #598
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Day 07 -- 12 Days of Big Finish -- exp 01 Jan
Quote:
On the seventh day of Christmas Big Finish offers you: Doctor Who - The Lost Stories: The Queen of Time - £2.99 - download only for 48 hours...

Click here to buy Doctor Who - The Lost Stories: The Queen of Time for £2.99 on Download:

Somewhere outside our universe, she is waiting.

A god-like immortal, living in a realm of clocks. The hours tick slowly by as she plots and plans. She is readying her trap. A trap for a very special man in a very special police box.

Hecuba has all the time in the world. But for the Doctor, time is running out.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:59 AM   #599
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Thanks for the Dr Who Links. Love Big Finish!
Old 12-31-2014, 10:19 AM   #600
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_a_smith View Post
Thanks for the Dr Who Links. Love Big Finish!
YW - be sure to check out the Big Finish section in the OP, there's a link to 9 free Dr Who shorts.
Closed Thread

Tags
audible