Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-15-2017, 07:11 AM   #46
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's best to ask this in the tools thread where more knowledgeable folks are.
I'm scared of any subforum outside this bargain one.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 07:43 AM   #47
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Really why? The thread is in the News forum. It's not scary in there. If you sees something that bothers you be sure to report it. We take bad behavior very seriously.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2017, 12:32 PM   #48
Alohamora
Evangelist
Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alohamora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Fire tablet, ios phone
Amazon (USA) is having what they call a Valentine's Day sale on some Kindles and Fires.

7" Fire, $10 off
Basic, Paperwhite and Voyage, $20 off.
Alohamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:35 AM   #49
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
I'm scared of any subforum outside this bargain one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Really why? The thread is in the News forum. It's not scary in there. If you sees something that bothers you be sure to report it. We take bad behavior very seriously.

Sent from my XT1528
What? No, I was just making a joke about other subforums being more serious and/or technical.

And I'm a grown-up with thick skin, can't imagine a situation where I'd report anything.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:22 PM   #50
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post

And I'm a grown-up with thick skin, can't imagine a situation where I'd report anything.
Report inappropriate posts for the benefit of the community, some of whom aren't grown-ups, not just for yourself.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2017, 08:03 PM   #51
ben.sawyer
Mister Wrong
ben.sawyer began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I have kindle , but I was also thinking about buying Nook. Any Pros and Cons of Kindle vs Nook from people who have/had both?
ben.sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:15 PM   #52
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben.sawyer View Post
I have kindle , but I was also thinking about buying Nook. Any Pros and Cons of Kindle vs Nook from people who have/had both?
I have had both in the past. A Nook simple touch, Kindle Keyboard, & Kindle Fire. The Nook is in a box somewhere. I by far prefer the Kindle Fire. The Kindle Keyboard is used to download books/documents and that is it. I side load everything to my Fire and read using the Moon+ Pro Reader app. I am sure there is something better out there but I would not trade my Kindle Fire for anything in this world. It goes with me everywhere. I have 3 of them and use them for different types of reading. When I leave my house one is always with me.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:36 PM   #53
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben.sawyer View Post
You'll probably get more answers to this question in the "Which One Should I Buy" forum.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:10 AM   #54
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
The Fire HD 6 is in stock, at $30 off for both the 8gb and 16gb models, black only.

link
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #55
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Kindles are currently on sale. $20 off Kindle, Paperwhite, and Voyage.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:33 PM   #56
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I don't need another Kindle now. But the next time, instead of saving the twenty dollars, I would choose a "without special offers" model.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:54 PM   #57
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I don't need another Kindle now. But the next time, instead of saving the twenty dollars, I would choose a "without special offers" model.
These sales would be a lot more interesting if they were a consistent percentage off; then the Paperwhite would be $90 and the Voyage would be $150. I know that would undermine the perceived value of the Voyage in particular. This is a roundabout way of saying that I think it's worth it not to have special offers on the Voyage, but it represents a hefty premium on the Kindle.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:19 PM   #58
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I have never seen a special offer that appealled to me in the least. I would think that Amazon would noticed my purchases and offered me similar titles.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:09 PM   #59
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
The 8GB SanDisk Clip Jam MP3 players are on sale at both B&H Photo Video and Amazon. The regular price is $39.99 at both vendors, the sale price is $29.99.

I don't know how appropriate these players are for audiobooks -- I use MP3 players to listen to music. The various Clip models are small, convenient, and do a good job with music.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:44 PM   #60
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post

I don't know how appropriate these players are for audiobooks -- I use MP3 players to listen to music. The various Clip models are small, convenient, and do a good job with music.
I don't have the Jam, but I have the Clip and the Sport, and both work great for audio books.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote