Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-27-2022, 01:10 AM   #1066
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
I'm nor certain I understand the problem, and what you mean by "keeping folder open".
______
Dennis
For immediate purposes, I've found a solution, but what I meant was

1. Explorer was open, with a tree showing open to E:/Audiobooks/(authorname) for which I have one folder for each author.

2. Then I insert a flash drive. Based on what *was* in the flash drive, I add a line to my history excel sheet, to keep track of what and when Mom has listened to a book.

3. Then I go back to another text file which has all the books in order, to find what the next book should be. Many times I've already downloaded the book, other times I need to go to either kcls or the the library for the blind to obtain the next book.

4. most times I need to extract the book from it's zip file, then copy it to the flash drive. I usually do this in one standard directory, so that downloads go to the right place.

5. by this time, Explorer has sometimes closed the branches of the tree. The folder that has focus is still displayed, with it's path shown at top, but most of the time, even that tree has been closed to the drive letter.

There was a time last fall, when Mom was going through three different series, all by J.A. Jance. Almost every time, I needed to open the audiobooks tree again, then scroll through a long list to find Jance again, then open that and find the right book, or copy the book from where it had been downloaded, or whatever.

In all this time, I had not closed Explorer, it just automatically condensed the tree to not show the folders I had been looking through.

There are over 3500 entries in the list of books Mom has read over the last 20 years (many are repeats, especially when new books in the series have come out.) Habits of access get established, and it slows me down when I need to find the same place repeatedly. But just not often enough to justify making new desktop icons.

Ive been using Explorer2 Lite, as recommended above, and it has the behavior I'm seeking.
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote