Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-08-2024, 11:41 AM   #44071
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
For the first time in my life I am actually looking forward to the arrival of DST! My internal clock never reset last year when DST ended - so getting hungry at the appropriate time will be very welcome (to my cat too) ... not to mention after dinner walks in the light again.
I don't care about the daylight time, I just don't feel like I had a winter at all
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 11:45 AM   #44072
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Entering a food coma with a dose of the meat sweats after an epic feed. Nap time methinks.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 12:07 PM   #44073
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I don't care about the daylight time, I just don't feel like I had a winter at all
Well ... we didn't have a winter - no snow at all (flurries one night I think - that melted immediately), one week of arctic air (no single digit temps), lots of abnormally warm days -- that's a win in my column!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 02:16 PM   #44074
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
Death by PowerPoint (meeting).
Makes me feel even happier about retiring. My memories of many meetings suggest that most of them were a total waste of everyone's time.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 02:25 PM   #44075
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Makes me feel even happier about retiring. My memories of many meetings suggest that most of them were a total waste of everyone's time.
I couldn't agree more. Just seems like an exercise in filling schedules to look busy for higher-ups whilst getting free food on the company dime.
Old 03-10-2024, 10:48 AM   #44076
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

DST - Day 1 - absolutely no ill effects - no effects at all -

I guess my internal clock got 'stuck' in DST last year - I hated moving the clock back last year and never adjusted to 'normal' time - now my biological clock matches my alarm clock again
Old 03-10-2024, 01:04 PM   #44077
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Planting roses.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 01:53 PM   #44078
neil_swann80

Eating buffalo wings... nom.
Old 03-10-2024, 08:01 PM   #44079
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cooking lamb shanks for dinner.
Old 03-11-2024, 08:10 AM   #44080
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
DST - Day 1 - absolutely no ill effects - no effects at all -

I guess my internal clock got 'stuck' in DST last year - I hated moving the clock back last year and never adjusted to 'normal' time - now my biological clock matches my alarm clock again
I've had a different problem - I'm waking up EARLIER. I am absolutely not a fan of this. Can't we just kill DST and be done with it??
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 10:07 AM   #44081
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
I've had a different problem - I'm waking up EARLIER. I am absolutely not a fan of this. Can't we just kill DST and be done with it??
DST - Day 2 - my biological clock got definitely 'stuck' in DST last year - I'm back to my normal sleep & activity routines - and feel great (pollen storms notwithstanding) -- who knew?
Old 03-11-2024, 10:10 AM   #44082
neil_swann80

A thorough service, clean and descaling of my fancy home coffee maker.

Perfect timing as I'll be starting a recently delivered bag of newly roasted coffee beans in the morning.
Old 03-11-2024, 10:43 PM   #44083
DNSB
Bibliophagist

A couple of weeks back, the spouse and I gave our De'Longhi coffee maker to a friend. We realized that we had not used the frother, the espresso maker or any of it's advanced features in years unless we had people over. The lack of an insulated carafe and the need for the counter space helped with our decision.
Old 03-11-2024, 11:07 PM   #44084
neil_swann80

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
A couple of weeks back, the spouse and I gave our De'Longhi coffee maker to a friend. We realized that we had not used the frother, the espresso maker or any of it's advanced features in years unless we had people over. The lack of an insulated carafe and the need for the counter space helped with our decision.
Likewise, I rarely use the frother unless I have guests. But the espresso feature is used daily.

Did you move to a press or a drip system?
Old 03-12-2024, 07:50 AM   #44085
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
DST - Day 2 - my biological clock got definitely 'stuck' in DST last year - I'm back to my normal sleep & activity routines - and feel great (pollen storms notwithstanding) -- who knew?
If you're going to be stuck this is the one to be stuck on, as it's nearly twice as long as standard time.

Oh, how I love light later in the day!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?