Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-05-2014, 02:05 PM   #1
lemonstand
lemonstand began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD
Language mixup

I know I'm going to feel silly in asking the following but after 3 and a half hours of being unable to find the answer, I am admitting failure.

I had to reload my entire system which meant downloading the most recent calibre software but no matter what I try, the date listed in the meta data is french on every single book, while everything else is listed in english. While I do know enough french to know the months of the year, isn't there ANY way of changing the input back to english?
lemonstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:19 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonstand View Post
I know I'm going to feel silly in asking the following but after 3 and a half hours of being unable to find the answer, I am admitting failure.

I had to reload my entire system which meant downloading the most recent calibre software but no matter what I try, the date listed in the meta data is french on every single book, while everything else is listed in english. While I do know enough french to know the months of the year, isn't there ANY way of changing the input back to english?
Preferences:Look and feel: Choose Language
does not work for you?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #3
lemonstand

I tried that. I tried restarting after trying that. I tried changing it to low german and then back to english. The template language is fine. The english version says "DATE" but the calendar that appears is Avril NOT April.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:38 PM   #4
lemonstand

Maybe this will help...
Old 04-05-2014, 02:44 PM   #5
lemonstand

or maybe not... I can't post the picture in a way you can see the writing. It has to be 5 o'clock somewhere because it looks like I'm ready for a drink with one of those little umbrella thingys.
Advert
Old 04-05-2014, 02:50 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonstand View Post
Maybe this will help...
That doesn't help because its a thumbnail

Post the image here. Go into Advanced mode and click the paper clip - see attachment - browse to the image on your computer, select it, press Upload, wait to you see it's finished and then click 'Close this window' in top right corner.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	121270  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #7
lemonstand

Old 04-05-2014, 11:31 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
dates are displayed in whatever your system language is set to, not the calibre language (this is because of Qt) I could probably get around it by forcing Qt to use the calibre language, but I haven't bothered since the use case of someone setting the calibre language to something other than their system language is pretty rare.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
language