Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #1
Falchetta
Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Ipad with Kobo and Kindle apps
Question Issues with downloading epubs from Kobo site

I’m having issues downloading a couple of epubs from the Kobo website. I usually purchase my ebooks from Kobo and they have been downloading fine on the iPad app as well as the Kobo Touch, I also like to save a copy on our computer as a backup, but mostly so I can load it to my Sony T1, but I’ve had issues with the last couple of books.

After I went through the purchase I clicked on the “download ePub” button and this time, when I saved I got a zip file that once opened has two file folders and one file.

One is a “mimetype” which my computer doesn’t recognize the file type, one folder (named META-INF) just has a container xml doc, and the other folder (named OEBPS) has the book, but in separate HTML files.

I’m confused on this format and how I’m supposed to get it onto my reader. Up to now, all the epubs from Kobo just downloaded/saved as regular epubs (ie. Single epub file, not multiple HTLM files).

(Please note, I’m haven't been trying to convert or anything, just downloading straight from the Kobo site)

Any help would be appreciated, thank you,
Falchetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Rename the zip file to .epub and try that...
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
As PeterT says, changing the extension from .zip to .epub will fix things for you.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
Falchetta
Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.Falchetta has never been to obedience school.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Ipad with Kobo and Kindle apps
Great, that seems to have worked. Now I just have to remember to keep doing it in the future
Falchetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Its strange you have to do that.... Sounds like a possible problem with either your browser or the web-site.

What browser (and O/S) are you using?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert