Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #61
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
KK, that must have been quite an exciting surprise! Better than waking up from a buzzing alarm clock.
oh it was! and the conductor sounded the whistle as well. I think he probably saw our gear all around and freaked out. that's a hell of a way to wake up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I'd love to do some American and Canadian train rides.

Twice, we crossed Western Europe by train, we've been on almost all regional train companies in Switzerland (I believe there are 2 we've not been on, yet) and even our honeymoon was a train ride (on the slowest intercity in Europe).
I commuted by train when I lived in Germany and really miss it! I wish we would get our heads out of our collective asses here and make rail a national reality. I would LOVE to do the trans Canada train, the Orient Express!!! would be incredible!!! the train rides above are all tourist rides, they aren't go from point a to point b as part of travel. most of them assume you are taking a round trip ride. but still just incredible scenery!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #62
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I commuted by train when I lived in Germany and really miss it! I wish we would get our heads out of our collective asses here and make rail a national reality. I would LOVE to do the trans Canada train, the Orient Express!!! would be incredible!!! the train rides above are all tourist rides, they aren't go from point a to point b as part of travel. most of them assume you are taking a round trip ride. but still just incredible scenery!
Ohh, I wish I had a holiday... I'd really want to make a long train ride again! But this time to Hungary.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 11:25 AM   #63
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post

Lightly dozing, cradled in the cabin that gently sways,
the travelers gaze into their hopes and dreams inside their minds.
The wishful thinking, of which they see a different day that be,
arises from the well of sleep. The track does creep along the winding way
to that of which they say is where that they would choose to be.
A drifting unwinding, over the rails of which they are gliding,
transports the thoughts away from the rushing, racing place of which was left behind.

Footsteps are heard without a word. Then an explode, of gentle voice upon the calm and cloudy, to awake.

"Willoughbeeey, next stop Willoughbeeey."

The train has stopped upon a station. This not of imagination, but of place and time as you will find.

"Willoughbeeey, we are now at Willoughbeeey."

The wishful wanderlings in awe do see a place of which they long to be.
Without hesitation the chicken flies first, with an excited burst, from the train.
Others do see such a bright happy glee and follow with an exuberant step.
The gray dog jumps with a dynamic leap.. from the rails to that place, wishfully happy and sweet.
The rest do seem as if in a stream. The flow, of which seeps from the car, is like a shooting star.
The type of which wishes are granted from, like a silver flame in song.

"Willoughbeeey, last stop Willoughbeeey!!"

Willoughby, of Sunlight and serenity be. What is it here that you do see?

Javed - you're a poet too?
This is wonderful - the arrival of MR members at Willoughby!!
I'm going to print it out on card stock and hang it in my office by my desk!
You're one talented blue genii!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #64
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
and even our honeymoon was a train ride (on the slowest intercity in Europe).
You came to the UK on your honeymoon??
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:37 PM   #65
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I hope I get to leave early today.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #66
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I hope you do, too, ht. And I hope to get to leave (but might not).
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:01 PM   #67
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stupid meeting got moved to 215 pm. BAH, 15 more minutes to wait.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #68
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I hope it's over, ht. And I hope an enormous meteor strikes my vehicle before I get to work this morning. It'd be welcome, right now.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:31 AM   #69
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I hope it's over, ht. And I hope an enormous meteor strikes my vehicle before I get to work this morning. It'd be welcome, right now.
With this heat wave, it's more realistic to wish for your car to melt before you leave for work!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #70
happy_terd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
With this heat wave, it's more realistic to wish for your car to melt before you leave for work!
Then that bastard Al Gore would be right.

Give me the meteor.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #71
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Okay, please forgive me for wishing unhealthy wishes. So, let me see......I wish I had a big box of donuts in front of me right now. Okay, even just one or two. And some for all my friends, too.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #72
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I hope I get to leave early today.
Any day is a good day to leave work early!

Unless the wife is on the warpath!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #73
goodscoolwf
goodscoolwf began at the beginning.

Device: none
There is no one whodon't want peace and happiness in his family, and now I wish I could have a good sleep In the premise of I have enough time.
goodscoolwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:07 AM   #74
happy_terd
Banned

I wish we all could just get along.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:19 PM   #75
happy_terd
Banned

I hope everyone is feeling "kick ass" good today.

I dont really know what that is suppose to mean, but it has to be better than just being "ok," right?

Tags
on the way to willoughby!