Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-19-2020, 08:28 PM   #526
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage View Post
... does what's done in this plugboard with word count and page totals only get stored on the device version of the epub? Does it get stored on the computer version, too? I'm using "Any Device" as the target for this plugboard.
Calibre Metadata Plugboards and KoboTouch/KoboTouchExtended driver are used to update some fields in the epub/kepub .OPF file during calibre send-to-device. They don't update the epub in your calibre library.

Things like the optional Subtitle field never make it into the .OPF. The drivers can also update the Kobo database file directly.

Changes which got injected into the .OPF file are visible on the Kobo device after the initial send-to-device. Direct updates to the Kobo database (e.g. Series, Subtitle) happen when you re-connect for a 2nd, 3rd, ... time. @davidfor is the expert on all this if you want details.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:51 PM   #527
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 6 phone, Kobo Clara HD, Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Calibre Metadata Plugboards and KoboTouch/KoboTouchExtended driver are used to update some fields in the epub/kepub .OPF file during calibre send-to-device. They don't update the epub in your calibre library.

Things like the optional Subtitle field never make it into the .OPF. The drivers can also update the Kobo database file directly.

Changes which got injected into the .OPF file are visible on the Kobo device after the initial send-to-device. Direct updates to the Kobo database (e.g. Series, Subtitle) happen when you re-connect for a 2nd, 3rd, ... time. @davidfor is the expert on all this if you want details.
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2020, 11:36 AM   #528
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I'm afraid it's not something I know how to do.

I would point out that there'd be a downside. The ability to long-press a word in the dictionary pop-up definition to lookup a second word would be lost.
Hi, It's long time since I and a couple of users were searching this patch but with bad results.
I'm interested at it despite the downside. May you be so kind to post the patch?

many thanks

Regards
Joe
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 12:25 PM   #529
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
Hi, It's long time since I and a couple of users were searching this patch but with bad results.
I'm interested at it despite the downside. May you be so kind to post the patch?
There is no patch.

I can only repeat what I already said "I'm afraid it's not something I know how to do." @geek1011 might have a better chance of figuring it out but I don't want to make commitments or raise hopes on his behalf.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:02 PM   #530
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post

many thanks

Regards
Joe
It's not as simple as it seems, since it requires messing with Qt signals/slots. I'll take a look later and see if it's worth the effort to do it or not.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2020, 01:13 PM   #531
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
It's not as simple as it seems, since it requires messing with Qt signals/slots. I'll take a look later and see if it's worth the effort to do it or not.
I'm not sure who other than Owl_ and I have actually requested this patch, but if Jackie is right about the downside (and I've no reason to doubt her), I'm not nearly as interested in it.

I say this only to give a better sense of user interest as I was the one Jackie had replied to initially here, and I know part of your considerations factor in user demand.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 01:56 PM   #532
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
It'll be great
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 11:43 PM   #533
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Because I can't resist not saying that any longer: that's a KOReader feature. ;p.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:47 PM   #534
greatforum
greatforum began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
I'm not too familiar with the CSS for that or for the new scrolled views.

And, @greatforum, I'm pretty sure that's not the CSS for it.

There's also a possibility it could be in one of the non-zlib streams too. I'll look into this when I get back to the Qt resource stuff after I finish with what I'm currently working on for NickelMenu (which is almost feature-complete now).
Hello @geek1011, just want to check if you got a chance to look into changing default footnote font
greatforum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 02:43 AM   #535
NLT
NLT began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hello geek1011,

Lazy request : for the next versions, can you add the "Never sync dictionaries" section in the libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml file ?
I'm talking about the section at the bottom of your Installing custom dictionaries page.
(Yes it's just to avoid copy/paste...).
I like to use this section with the BoboTiG's Wiktionary.

Thank for all your work.
NLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:04 PM   #536
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLT View Post
Hello geek1011,

Lazy request : for the next versions, can you add the "Never sync dictionaries" section in the libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml file ?
I'm talking about the section at the bottom of your Installing custom dictionaries page.
(Yes it's just to avoid copy/paste...).
I like to use this section with the BoboTiG's Wiktionary.

Thank for all your work.
https://github.com/geek1011/dictutil/releases/v0.3.1
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:59 AM   #537
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
I wonder if there is a patch possible to make the Kobo display '&' as a separator instead of a comma in the author list when there is more than one author. Not neccessarily using it internally (a plugboard takes care of that easily enough), but just in the display.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 01:42 PM   #538
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
I wonder if there is a patch possible to make the Kobo display '&' as a separator instead of a comma in the author list when there is more than one author. Not neccessarily using it internally (a plugboard takes care of that easily enough), but just in the display.
Curious. Is that just personal preference?
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 02:15 PM   #539
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
That would be possible once I find where that is handled. I'll look into it later.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 03:51 PM   #540
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
Curious. Is that just personal preference?
Yes. Nothing else.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests