Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 01-02-2014, 12:26 AM   #16
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Kovid is probably also still in bed at 6 AM on Fridays. He normally uploads new versions on Friday mid-afternoon

Time differences - Mumbai

BR
I guess it depends where you are. As far as I am concerned, he uploads them sometimes as early as 9:30 PM Thursday. MY time, as it is relevant to me, insomuch as at 6:00 in the morning for me, is when I am asleep.

Really, that would be 6:30 PM Thursday, so yeah, he definitely wouldn't be ready to release, but he might be preparing for bed anytime.

So yes, all you people who live in weird places outside America (, well, not really, just joking) will have to time it a little different.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:00 AM   #17
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscherno View Post

Attached are both the compiled .exe and the script if you like to compile it yourself. You just need to install NSIS from sourceforge.net

Have fun. PS: Maybe i can include this into a plugin for calibre.
Thanks @Tscherno. The .exe file worked perfectly for me.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 11:20 PM   #18
TheFlyingBadger
TheFlyingBadger began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperweight
I couldn't get this to work (the exe tried to download from the web, then failed), so i've written a PowerShell version for my amusement
Attached Files
File Type: zip calibreUpdate.zip (1.8 KB, 608 views)
TheFlyingBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:42 AM   #19
ICDeadPpl
Enthusiast
ICDeadPpl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Lightbulb Chocolatey FTW

I use Chocolatey to install and update apps on my Windows 10 computer.
Installing Calibre is as easy just typing "cinst calibre" which is a shortcut for "choco install calibre".
Updating calibre: "cup calibre" which is a shortcut for "choco upgrade calibre".
Or you could just add a scheduled job to run the command "cup all" which is a shortcut for "choco upgrade all", which updates all the apps installed by Chocolatey.
ICDeadPpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 03:11 PM   #20
Nutzer0815
Nutzer0815 began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Unfortunately, the script no longer works today.

AttributeError: module 'urllib' has no attribute 'urlopen'
Nutzer0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 06:55 PM   #21
m1d1
Enthusiast
m1d1 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzer0815 View Post
Unfortunately, the script no longer works today.

AttributeError: module 'urllib' has no attribute 'urlopen'
This one works for me
Attached Files
File Type: bat calibre-automatic-update.bat (1.0 KB, 281 views)
m1d1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
autoupdate, calibre, windows