Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
Feather_Qwill
Enthusiast
Feather_Qwill began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader Pocket Pro
Author directory sorting into A-H, etc

I don't know what the proper terminology is for this, exactly. So author folders are divided into smaller groups based on alphabetizing when you export to your reader.

IE: "Fiction/Mystery/A-K/Christie, Agatha/Curtain.epub"

I saw a while ago about how to do this sort of thing, but I can't find it anymore. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

And also, is it possible to make it conditional, like only applied if their are more than 20 authors in that category? I have other conditional directories, like with series, but seems more complicated.
Feather_Qwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather_Qwill View Post
I don't know what the proper terminology is for this, exactly. So author folders are divided into smaller groups based on alphabetizing when you export to your reader.

IE: "Fiction/Mystery/A-K/Christie, Agatha/Curtain.epub"

I saw a while ago about how to do this sort of thing, but I can't find it anymore. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

And also, is it possible to make it conditional, like only applied if their are more than 20 authors in that category? I have other conditional directories, like with series, but seems more complicated.
Where are they sorting like this?
AFAIK Calibre does not support Alpha groups (A-G,H-T)
Do you have a special Program Mode: Template for export to your PEz ?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #3
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather_Qwill View Post
Check out the sticky thread "Techniques to use plugboards, custom columns and templates" in this subforum. You can find an example there.

I don't think it is possible to make it conditional.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
Feather_Qwill
Enthusiast
Feather_Qwill began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
Check out the sticky thread "Techniques to use plugboards, custom columns and templates" in this subforum. You can find an example there.

I don't think it is possible to make it conditional.
Thanks, I knew I'd seen it somewhere.
Feather_Qwill is offline   Reply With Quote