Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
nooklover
nooklover began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Unhappy Reinstall windows....lost old library...help

I had to do a reinstall of windows xp on my computer. I moved my calibre info to my external drive. Now that I have reinstalled window and downloaded the new version of calibre - how do I get my library from my calibre file/folder on my external drive back to my hard drive?
nooklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Moderator Notice
I have deleted your duplicate post from the Conversion forum

As to the answer to your question - it should just be a case of dragging your Calibre library off your external drive to where you want it on your hard drive. Then in Calibre, click on the Library icon (dropdown arrow next to it if you have it) and choose "Switch/create library". Then just browse to the path where your library folder now exists.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
nooklover

When I put it on my external drive I right clicked on calibre and click send to then the external drive. When I copied it back to my hard drive by send to documents it went. Then I reloaded calibre but when I choose "switch/create library" it is saying the says it is not an existing folder. My old version was 7.7 I know it should transfer but it is not... I am so sad and frustrated that I lost my whole library.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooklover View Post
When I put it on my external drive I right clicked on calibre and click send to then the external drive. When I copied it back to my hard drive by send to documents it went. Then I reloaded calibre but when I choose "switch/create library" it is saying the says it is not an existing folder. My old version was 7.7 I know it should transfer but it is not... I am so sad and frustrated that I lost my whole library.
Who said Right-Click Calibre?

If you always use the external drive :
Start Calibre
On the Library Icon v
Create/Switch
Select your existing Library on the External Drive

Done
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
nooklover

Ok...maybe I am just stupid but when I click on the library icon and click on "switch/create library" it says my current location is on the c drive but that is not the case as it is on my g drive. I know I am being redundant but I just don't get it. It is not giving me a select it just ask for new location.
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 11:00 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nooklover View Post
Ok...maybe I am just stupid but when I click on the library icon and click on "switch/create library" it says my current location is on the c drive but that is not the case as it is on my g drive. I know I am being redundant but I just don't get it. It is not giving me a select it just ask for new location.
Did you use the browse button on the right of the location box?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote