Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-12-2017, 03:19 AM   #1
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
strange loss of downloaded books glitch

so I go to books, tap the one I was reading recently and theres a several seconds long hang up - then the book appears as a " new" book - open on page 1.

I then look at my library and see that the other 3 books that I was reading have all also disappeared from the device. I re-download them and they are each also "new" books now open at page 1. [ whispersync was off]
luckily my old bookmarks are intact in each case, but I cannot figure how / why they left the device.
the last action before this was going to pc to return a kindle lending library book, but I selected only that, did not select any remove other books from device option.
i powercycled the HDX then as a test I redownloaded a previously abandoned and removed book - that did open at the 1st page read, so the glitch as not any more widespread.
any thoughts on explanations. I cannot face trying to explain this to 1st line amazon CS who will probably just tell me to re-download the books and move on.
I do wonder if the books app used by the HDX has just updated, and the update caused the glitch as I had other issues:
when I tried to find a replacement prime lending book, my drop down menu in the app had 2 line entries for each item e.g. it sais kindle first twice, kindle singles twice...
after powercycling , much of that dropdown menu has now gone completely , I am thinking they have done away with the categories in that menu and also with the shortcut to kindle lending library ?
so f I want to browse , say science fiction, it is no longer a menu item, I have to go to main books screen, and scroll past all the pictures to reach some on screen categories... and kindle lending library is not a category.

Last edited by stumped; 03-12-2017 at 03:26 AM. Reason: title typo
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote