Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-22-2018, 07:21 AM   #1
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
[Android] V5.4.3 Beta

V5.4.3.1 Beta has been released.

Changes:
  • Updated Google Tools
  • Make the header line in the content server fixed. This permits users to see the busy indicator after scrolling the list.
  • [FIX] Fix more black-on-black action bar text on Android 8
  • [FIX] Fix a crash in the Content Server when the server is slow. The crash occurred after scrolling down a list then selecting an item that itself was large.
I have decided to use that Google calls an "Open Beta". Anyone who has paid from CC can (in theory) choose to run the beta version by going to CC's Google Play listing on the device. You can also leave the beta program by leaving the beta test, uninstalling the beta (do a backup first), then reinstalling the production version.

I think that the members of the beta test Google Group will be automatically enrolled, but I am not certain. In any event, that group will disappear in the not too far distant future.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:59 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I recently updated my Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s) and the application menu disappeared (three dots). Fortunately when you start up CC the Statistics Collection question pops up and I was able to get to settings through that screen. I scoured the settings to see if there was an option to pin it to the top bar, maybe a gear icon, but no such luck. For some reason it didn't disappear from Moon + Reader Pro.

Not a request for a new option, just wanted to say thanks for having that settings button on the Statistics Collection it saved my install.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-22-2018 at 10:04 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2018, 11:54 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I recently updated my Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s) and the application menu disappeared (three dots). Fortunately when you start up CC the Statistics Collection question pops up and I was able to get to settings through that screen. I scoured the settings to see if there was an option to pin it to the top bar, maybe a gear icon, but no such luck. For some reason it didn't disappear from Moon + Reader Pro.

Not a request for a new option, just wanted to say thanks for having that settings button on the Statistics Collection it saved my install.
A few people have reported this behavior, always on e-ink devices. At the time I did some debugging, and the problem is that the device is telling CC that it has a hardware "Menu" button, meaning that the 3-dot menu (the overflow menu) was not to be put on the action bar. The other users said that there was a button that *sometimes* acted like a menu button, but not always. I never found a way to override that behavior.

I just did a bit more research and by accident found a hack that tells Android to add the overflow even if a button exists. I could build a test version of CC with that hack to see if it fixes your problem. If you are willing to give it a try, send me email at cc_debug_logs at haleys dot org and I will reply with the APK. The test version will (try to) add the menu to the main display (book list/grid). If that works they I will add it to all the other displays.
Old 06-23-2018, 07:16 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

V5.4.3.2 Beta: 23/June/2018

Changes:
  • Force the "overflow menu" (the 3-dots menu) to appear even when the device claims to have a dedicated hardware button. Fixes having no menu when the device says it has a hardware button but does not, as seems to be the case with several e-ink devices. If there actually is a hardware menu button then both the button and the overflow icon should work.

Last edited by chaley; 06-23-2018 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-23-2018, 08:11 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
V5.4.3.2 Beta: 23/June/2018

Changes:
  • Force the "overflow menu" (the 3-dots menu) to appear even when the device claims to have a dedicated hardware button. Fixes having no menu when the device claims to have a hardware button but does not, as seems to be the case with several e-ink devices. If there actually is a hardware menu button then both the button and the overflow icon should work.
for the fix. Not expected but a very welcome surprise.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2018, 04:10 AM   #6
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
V5.4.3.1 Beta has been released.

Changes:
  • Updated Google Tools
  • Make the header line in the content server fixed. This permits users to see the busy indicator after scrolling the list.
  • [FIX] Fix more black-on-black action bar text on Android 8
  • [FIX] Fix a crash in the Content Server when the server is slow. The crash occurred after scrolling down a list then selecting an item that itself was large.
I have decided to use that Google calls an "Open Beta". Anyone who has paid from CC can (in theory) choose to run the beta version by going to CC's Google Play listing on the device. You can also leave the beta program by leaving the beta test, uninstalling the beta (do a backup first), then reinstalling the production version.

I think that the members of the beta test Google Group will be automatically enrolled, but I am not certain. In any event, that group will disappear in the not too far distant future.
You are correct I was added to the Open Beta automatically.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 04:40 AM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
It looks like that, I've got the beta version at this moment.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 12:09 PM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

V5.4.3.3

V5.4.3.3 beta released (7/July/2018)

Change log:
  • Change the default book folder on Kindle Fires from /Books to /Kindle. Repondes to the problem discussed in this thread.
  • Prepare for production release.