Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 01-25-2018, 05:50 AM   #16
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
If your tablet was Android or IOS and you installed the app you would need the Internet only to download the file. Once downloaded you could listen offline. However, as your tablet is Windows 10 it seems the only option offered is streaming in a web browser, which of course does require an internet connection whilst listening.

Unless there are workarounds the service is far too locked down for me to want to use, and is effectively useless for people in your position.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:18 PM   #17
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
You can play them on your Android Phone or IPhone but only through an app. It seems you cannot put them on an mp3 player or make backup copies.
I would think you could play them on an mp3 player that has an android operating system. The Onkyo DP-X1A is one example that should work.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2018, 06:07 PM   #18
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I would think you could play them on an mp3 player that has an android operating system. The Onkyo DP-X1A is one example that should work.
Apache
I'm not familiar with the Onkyo but if the app can be installed they should play.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 11:35 AM   #19
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post

Unless there are workarounds the service is far too locked down for me to want to use, and is effectively useless for people in your position.
I've said enough to the need for a gazillion apps to listen to audiobooks from various purveyors. Audible is necessary, as is OverDrive, and the Downpour app is fine and I like Downpour for its DRM-free content and its sales. I don't like the Hoopla app, but the content is free. That's where I draw the line. I have a Tantor library but the Tantor app is awful and since the audiobooks are DRM-free, it's not a problem. I did buy a Nook audiobook at one point and have yet to listen to it; once I'm done I'll never revisit the app. Kobo and Google are apps too far. I don't care how good the apps are nor how appealing the come-on; I just can't be bothered any more.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:44 PM   #20
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I've said enough to the need for a gazillion apps to listen to audiobooks from various purveyors. Audible is necessary, as is OverDrive, and the Downpour app is fine and I like Downpour for its DRM-free content and its sales. I don't like the Hoopla app, but the content is free. That's where I draw the line. I have a Tantor library but the Tantor app is awful and since the audiobooks are DRM-free, it's not a problem. I did buy a Nook audiobook at one point and have yet to listen to it; once I'm done I'll never revisit the app. Kobo and Google are apps too far. I don't care how good the apps are nor how appealing the come-on; I just can't be bothered any more.
For Downpour, eStories, Tantor, Overdrive, and ChristianAudio I just D/L through my PC. I have Audiobooks.com and Kobo on my tablet, but I use it only to D/L the books and transfer them to my computer. The only apps I use on my not-phone/portable device is Audible and Smart Audiobook Player (for everything else).

I suppose that since Google Books is already on my device I may use it if I see a freebie I like, but as for purchasing? No thank you.

Last edited by skinmaan; 02-02-2018 at 06:49 PM.
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert