Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

View Poll Results: What will you replace your Kindle with.
BeBook 2 Model w/WiFi 5 9.80%
EZ Reader Plus model by Astak 1 1.96%
NUUT 2 by Neolux 0 0%
Boox by Onyx 1 1.96%
Txtr 4 7.84%
Other, please post 11 21.57%
I don't care, Keeping my Kindle 9 17.65%
This poll doesn't apply to me. 20 39.22%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2009, 06:23 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There are already larger screen devices available - eg the iRex DR1000.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #32
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I was going to buy a Kindle this week. Now I'm buying a Sony 505.

One thing I do like about the Sony is local availability. I live in a city of 25,000 people and it's available in three separate retail locations in town - as well as a fourth within ten miles.

It's that kind of local availability that makes me think Sony will not go down without a fight.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:13 PM   #33
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, HDX 8.9, AuraHD, NookHD+, Kindle 2,3,T, Opus, iPhone 6, +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
One thing I do like about the Sony is local availability. I live in a city of 25,000 people and it's available in three separate retail locations in town - as well as a fourth within ten miles.

It's that kind of local availability that makes me think Sony will not go down without a fight.

There's no reason to think Sony's going down that I've read about. AFAIK their readers have been at least somewhat successful for them.

Local availability is something that could really hurt Amazon if B&N put's out a reader of their own now that they have FW/eReader.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #34
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I don't think Sony's going down - though some people do. My brother suggested I get a K2 (his wife works for Amazon and she has one) and he recommended I do the same because "Sony's not in the book business."

I actually think Sony's retail placement is a great way for them to get some mileage out of Amazon's Kindle advertising. People hear about the Kindle, but all they can find locally is the Sony.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote