Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-17-2017, 05:40 AM   #1
geordiejohn
Connoisseur
geordiejohn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
connect/share problem

hello i have set up my email address and the recipient who has an address like joeblogs@kindle.com but when i send a book from my acer aspire 5536 laptop she does not receive it?
she has kindle internet turned on and i have checked her amazon account which says she can receive emails from me,so does anyone have any ideas what i am doing wrong please?
thank you.
geordiejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2017, 08:32 AM   #2
knc1
Snappy answers department
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Receiving e-mails from you does not mean receiving books from you.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 11:33 AM   #3
geordiejohn
Connoisseur

What I do is click on a book in calibre and then send to say joeblogs@kindle.com ?
Old 06-17-2017, 05:33 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can only send books to your own Kindle account. It would, needless to say, be copyright infringement to send a copyrighted work to someone else's Kindle.
HarryT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:10 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You can only send books to your own Kindle account. It would, needless to say, be copyright infringement to send a copyrighted work to someone else's Kindle.
I have had authors email their books to my kindle. I am not sure what format they used but I know I had to approve them.
Cinisajoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2017, 08:53 AM   #6
knc1
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I have had authors email their books to my kindle. I am not sure what format they used but I know I had to approve them.
Knowing that you may be the holder of the world's record for the number of recipes packed into a single kitchen -

Amazon sends things authored by Lab126 to my Kindle(s), not only without my approval, but often even without my knowledge.

Isn't the sauce for a goose the same as the sauce for a gander?

Last edited by knc1; 06-18-2017 at 08:55 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:31 AM   #7
geordiejohn
Connoisseur

i can send books to my wifes kindle but i just cannot send to her cousins ?
Old 06-18-2017, 10:19 AM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Knowing that you may be the holder of the world's record for the number of recipes packed into a single kitchen -

Amazon sends things authored by Lab126 to my Kindle(s), not only without my approval, but often even without my knowledge.

Isn't the sauce for a goose the same as the sauce for a gander?
Ah, but you did approve when you agreed to Eula.
And yes to your question.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:21 AM   #9
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiejohn View Post
Is your wife's kindle on your account?

Oh wait, are the emails being bounced to you?
Check cousin's settings.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:43 AM   #10
knc1

Quote:
Have you made your wife a member of your "Amazon Family" but not done the same for her cousins?
Old 06-19-2017, 11:09 AM   #11
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW 1, 2, and 3, Voyage, Oasis, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Lynx
Quote:
What I do is click on a book in calibre and then send to say joeblogs@kindle.com ?
Are you sure that you have the email set up correctly in Calibre? https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:55 PM   #12
geordiejohn
Connoisseur

my wife and her cousin both have there own accounts ?
thank you.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:56 PM   #13
geordiejohn
Connoisseur

and i have checked her cousins amazon account and she has my email account set up.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:59 PM   #14
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
and i have checked her cousins amazon account and she has my email account set up.
Did you check to make sure your calibre has her email correct?
Old 06-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #15
geordiejohn
Connoisseur

i have just created a gmx email address so i will get her cousin to authorise it and then i will try tomorrow to see if it works?
thank you.