Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-11-2017, 02:28 PM   #1
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Mac won't reconize my Aura One

I am running El Capitan (10.11.6). My Aura is running 4.4.9349. When I connect my Aura the Mac does not display the disk icon and just continues as if I canceled the connection. Any suggestions?

I have to sideload my books by copying to a flash drive and using a PC.
--MH
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2017, 04:02 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Can you try a USB 2 port?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 04:53 PM   #3
jfreudenthal
jfreudenthal began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I had this issue, restart of the mac helped. Make sure the cable is the one provided, just to be sure.
jfreudenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:20 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Wife: Touch, Arc, Vox Me: Nexus 7, Glo
I believe we've also seen people have success with the Kobo attached to a USB 2 hub plugged into a USB 3 port.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:46 PM   #5
MGlitch
Guru
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kobo Aura One
Is there a reason you're not running Sierra?
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2017, 09:42 AM   #6
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@MGlitch - Laziness and an abundance of caution. I am running it on my work iMac. I will probably upgrade soon

I did try something different. Normally I wake the Kobo up from Sleeping before I connect the Mac (Mac Book Pro). I left the Aura in Powered Off mode and plugged it in. The Kobo woke up and then connected to my Mac. I will try it the next time and then update to Sierra at some point.
--MH
Old 06-13-2017, 10:17 AM   #7
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis; Kobo Aura One; iPad Pro 9.7
As a data point my KA1 consistently works ok with the USB port on the right side of my MBP running El Capitan. It sometimes doesn't work with the left side USB port.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 03:48 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Sounds like an intermittent problem with your left side USB port.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:53 PM   #9
johnnyb
Inactive
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
As a data point my KA1 consistently works ok with the USB port on the right side of my MBP running El Capitan. It sometimes doesn't work with the left side USB port.
I occasionally have that problem too. All other devices (Voyage, iPad iPhone) always work fine on that port.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:30 PM   #10
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis; Kobo Aura One; iPad Pro 9.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
I occasionally have that problem too. All other devices (Voyage, iPad iPhone) always work fine on that port.
Same here. The KA1 is the only device that has an issue. Everything else is fine.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:46 PM   #11
dynabook
Techno-geek

Thanks all for the suggestions. I have been having good luck using the right-side USB port.
--MH