Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-07-2017, 09:57 PM   #331
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by madame_newbie View Post
This may be an odd question - but how long does a collection take to build? I mean, it works on my KT2 but I generally have to guess if it had build/update a collection or not.

For example, I use calibre, build my collections, disconnect, KUAL, librarysync and update but it never tells me when it's done.

It keeps saying, 'updating collections...'. I'd give it half a hour, then go back and see if it works. Most of the time, it does, but some times I need to rebuild the json file via calibre before it works.

So, I just want to know what's everyone's general experience? A few minutes? Ten minutes?
Missing or incorrect installation of Python.
Re-install Python from the package in NiLuJe's snapshots thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030

Quoted from the first post of this thread (the release post):
Quote:
What is needed.

LibrarianSync comes as a KUAL menu entry. As such, it requires: a jailbroken PW2, MKK, KUAL, and python (snapshot > 0.10N-r10867).

For more information, see the README file on github.

Last edited by knc1; 06-07-2017 at 10:00 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:02 PM   #332
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
About 113? I have thousands of books. I mean, I understand if the first time it takes an hour or so but after than, updating one or two collection? I just find it odd it just says: 'Updating collection' but doesn't tell you if it's done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
That doesn't surprise me that updating would just go away when done.
Just another case of: RTFM
See my post #331 directly above.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:55 PM   #333
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Missing or incorrect installation of Python.
Re-install Python from the package in NiLuJe's snapshots thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030

Quoted from the first post of this thread (the release post):
Hi, I've reinstalled the python (and even librarriansync reinstalled.). Still the same issue. It builds the collection but it won't tell me it's finished. Basically, I let it build for half an hour, then return back to the homepage to see if it's updated. So it works just doesn't have the indication at the bottom of the screen that says 'finished/completed/?' just eternally 'updating'.

So I'm fine with it at the moment, just wondering if it's a bug? Thanks for the help.
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:17 PM   #334
knc1
Going Viral

e-ink will display whatever was last written to it for years, perhaps forever.
so unless something gets written to that area of the screen, it will show what was last written.

The Kindle hardware can do 'zone updates' of the screen.
Does the message disappear when you open a book?
That would have to clear the area that 'updating' was last written to.

Does the message come back when you close the book?
Old 06-08-2017, 02:26 PM   #335
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
No. If I close librariansync, click the KUAL arrow buttons it will be gone or click on the **** (which will in turn say 'noop'), it will disappear.

So it doesn't 'burn' so to speak. Just doesn't fade away automatically or indicate a collection is done.
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:36 PM   #336
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
No. If I close librariansync, click the KUAL arrow buttons it will be gone or click on the **** (which will in turn say 'noop'), it will disappear.

So it doesn't 'burn' so to speak. Just doesn't fade away automatically or indicate a collection is done.
It can't fade.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:53 PM   #337
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:

So it really did complete its job, just failed to update the screen.

The add-in may be mis-identifing the KT-2 as some other device (some other screen resolution) and clearing the wrong screen area.
or
It may just not be writing the message.

= = = =

At least it isn't actually still running, it quit, it just did not say so.

It is a Python script, anybody who knows Python is welcome to fix it and post the change here.
Similar to what was recently done for the screen saver add-in.

Last edited by knc1; 06-08-2017 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:21 PM   #338
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Just bought a new PW. Would that make it a PW3? I don't see anywhere on Amazon where that is explained.

The first post mentioned LS had been tested on a PW2 and FW 5.3. Has anyone else gone any further? Should I be optimistic that I can install LS on my new PW? I'll be using it in conjunction with CM and Calibre.

Thank you.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:59 PM   #339
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!
baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(9017) 4GB, FW 5.7.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
Just bought a new PW. Would that make it a PW3? I don't see anywhere on Amazon where that is explained.

The first post mentioned LS had been tested on a PW2 and FW 5.3. Has anyone else gone any further? Should I be optimistic that I can install LS on my new PW? I'll be using it in conjunction with CM and Calibre.

Thank you.
Just first 6 letters of digits of your serial number please.....
This helps us identify the kindle....
baalajimaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:35 PM   #340
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:

Thank you.
Look at the date of the first post.
You are quoting from a three year old post, the PW-3 did not even exist then.

This librarian sync thread is different from our 'standard' format.

You will find the most recent information in the most recent posts instead of having the first post maintained to always quote the most recent information.
So start at your own post and scroll up, there is at least 300 posts with more recent 'news' that you might be interested in.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:35 AM   #341
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalajimaestro View Post
Just first 6 letters of digits of your serial number please.....
This helps us identify the kindle....
G090G105.

Thanks.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:43 AM   #342
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
G090G105.

Thanks.
That is eight, not six, but I think I can manage ....

Your device in nicknamed a: PW3 at this forum.

Ref: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
Old 06-27-2017, 10:58 AM   #343
jangell2
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That is eight, not six, but I think I can manage ....

Your device in nicknamed a: PW3 at this forum.

Ref: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
Thank you.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:39 PM   #344
Escape314
Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Escape314 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Kindle Paper White, Android app
Small Collections

Is there a good way to avoid small collections? (1 or 2 items)

So I have the system setup and everything seems to be working as designed. I used Calibre to export books to the kindle. First tier folders are author and second tier folders series. Then I run LS to create collections via the folder hierarchy.

The issue I have is that several authors I only have 1 book by them. Maybe half the authors I have 2 or less books. With both Calibre and LS running as designed, I end up with a lot of collections created with 1 book in them. I know I could manually open up each directory and cut/paste books from authors with only one file to /documents/misc thus ending up with a catch all collection.

I wonder how best to avoid that time intensive method. I have tried reading the Calibre menu option about exporting to see if I could put a qualifier to export to a different folder if it's going to make a small folder, but I can't see how the language would work. I can barely phrase it in English. It seems like it'd be much easier to handle it on the collection generating side. When it scans the architecture, if it sees only one file within a given folder, then it should move that item designator up one level and into a misc folder. I have no idea how to edit the python script for this.

The only hope that I could even start on my own would be to try to write a batch code that would scan the directory and actually rebuild the /documents folder to that kind of specification. If I can write the batch code, I think I could just run it after each Calibre export. It's not elegant, but I'm not sure if there's a better way.
Escape314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:22 PM   #345
HBH_AU
Enthusiast
HBH_AU began at the beginning.

Device: KV
If you are just trying to avoid collections that have less than a certain number of books, then you can set this up when you customise the Kindle Collections plug-in in Calibre - just put, for example, 2 in the ‘Minimum’ column & then when you ‘Create Authors’ you’ll only get collections for those authors with more than 2 books in your library.

If however you also want to get a collection that holds all those authors with, say less than 2 books, I’m trying to think of a way to do that… there might be a simple way but only thing I can think of at the moment is to try the Author Book Count plugin at
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=241441
(I haven’t used this, by the way, so can’t comment on how it works).
Then you can sort by that column, select all the authors with 1 & 2 book authors, give them a new tag, & then create a collection based on that tag.

Apologies if I’ve misunderstood what you’re trying to do. And of course, someone might have a much easier way to deal with your problem, but I have a cracker of a headache at the moment & this is the best I can think of at the moment.

Good luck!
HBH_AU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle collections, librariansync