Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-15-2017, 10:52 AM   #1066
JotaCe
JotaCe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1, K4, K3
Hi. I need some help to try to debrick my PW1 - 5.6.1.1. (jailbroken)

The problem started when trying to edit jars for margins. I changed the wrong parameter, and now the kindle has entered and endless resetting loop.

At first, I was able to stop the loop by pressing the start button for long time; the screen "your kindle needs repair" appeared. Later, I tried to reset again (with the button) and it has entered the loop again; this time I am not able to stop it.

During the restart loops, I have access to the kindle through windows (the device gets connected and I see the files and folders)

I need to connect in SSH mode in order to replace the edited jar that is causing the trouble. Could you help me with a brief instructions about how can I be able to do that? Thanks a lot!

EDIT: During the restart loops I've been able to copy a bin image in the root folder, and the system has updated itself. FIXED!

Last edited by JotaCe; 05-15-2017 at 11:37 AM.
JotaCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2017, 12:29 PM   #1067
knc1
Ex-Helpdesk Addict
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JotaCe View Post
Hi. I need some help to try to debrick my PW1 - 5.6.1.1. (jailbroken)

The problem started when trying to edit jars for margins. I changed the wrong parameter, and now the kindle has entered and endless resetting loop.

At first, I was able to stop the loop by pressing the start button for long time; the screen "your kindle needs repair" appeared. Later, I tried to reset again (with the button) and it has entered the loop again; this time I am not able to stop it.

During the restart loops, I have access to the kindle through windows (the device gets connected and I see the files and folders)

I need to connect in SSH mode in order to replace the edited jar that is causing the trouble. Could you help me with a brief instructions about how can I be able to do that? Thanks a lot!

EDIT: During the restart loops I've been able to copy a bin image in the root folder, and the system has updated itself. FIXED!
And this time, you will remember to install "Rescue Pack" and optionally its add-on, "Cowards Rescue Pack" before you mess with the system files?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:42 PM   #1068
JotaCe
JotaCe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1, K4, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
And this time, you will remember to install "Rescue Pack" and optionally its add-on, "Cowards Rescue Pack" before you mess with the system files?
It sounds good! I didn't know anything about those packages. I will search and study them before messing the files again, thanks!

EDIT: Great! The rescue pack was just what I was looking for before I managed to resurrect my kindle!

Last edited by JotaCe; 05-15-2017 at 01:27 PM.
JotaCe is offline   Reply With Quote