Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2019, 11:23 PM   #46
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yur View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I’m wondering if by 7th digit in the serial number if what is meant is 7th character counting the letter or 7th numeral in the strict sense?

I have an H2o2 and on 4.15 and something is going wrong with my attempts at manually installing the new update.
I’ve no idea what you’re asking.

However an easy way to get this update is to plug your kobo into a computer open the.kobo folder and then open the affiliate file with a text editor, change the affiliate to affiliate=beta save eject your kobo then sync your kobo
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:40 AM   #47
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I’m wondering if by 7th digit in the serial number if what is meant is 7th character counting the letter or 7th numeral in the strict sense?

I have an H2o2 and on 4.15 and something is going wrong with my attempts at manually installing the new update.
The 7th character not the 7th digit.

I.e. N867yy2yyyyy or N867xx0xxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
I’ve no idea what you’re asking.
The Aura H2O edition 2 and the Aura edition 2 had a CPU change to the i.MX 6SLL. The 0 identifies the mark 6 hardware version while the 2 identifies the mark 7 hardware version.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-01-2019 at 12:45 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2019, 02:48 AM   #48
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Does Nickel still index dotfiles in this version? Thanks.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 03:13 AM   #49
djazz
Enthusiast
djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.djazz is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
Does Nickel still index dotfiles in this version? Thanks.
I made a folder called ".myfolder" and put an epub and a kepub in there and it did index it. I moved another kepub to trash (.Trash-1000 gets created) and it did not get indexed. It doesn't index ebooks starting with a dot it seems.

Last edited by djazz; 10-01-2019 at 03:34 AM.
djazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 03:23 AM   #50
yur
yur began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Thanks for the tips, worked well!

Pocket has gone weird after the update. When I open an article I just get the article title and a blank page, and if I try to turn the page I just end up on the last one (but with no text, just the “Back to my articles” menu).

Also, the annotations are easier to reach now having a shortcut where the font setting used to be, but annotations are shortened, instead of being listed in full. This I do NOT like.

Not sure I should have updated but glad I know how now.
yur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2019, 03:35 AM   #51
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Thanks for the tips, worked well!

Pocket has gone weird after the update. When I open an article I just get the article title and a blank page, and if I try to turn the page I just end up on the last one (but with no text, just the “Back to my articles” menu).
I hit that to.
Quote:
Also, the annotations are easier to reach now having a shortcut where the font setting used to be, but annotations are shortened, instead of being listed in full. This I do NOT like.
The reading interface was changed in 4.17.x and the annotations icon location was made then. For the list, I don't see any changes. But, there are two views. Have you change to the "List" view instead of the "Notebook" view?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 03:40 AM   #52
yur
yur began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I hit that to.

The reading interface was changed in 4.17.x and the annotations icon location was made then. For the list, I don't see any changes. But, there are two views. Have you change to the "List" view instead of the "Notebook" view?
Yes, I just noticed. At least that’s good! Now about Pocket...
yur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:17 AM   #53
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
So other than Dropbox support for the Forma, and a fix for the Libra issue mentioned, what is new in this update?
No one else seems to have mentioned it, but the games are back on my H2O with this update. I've never used them, but I remember some people being bummed that they'd been removed (there was a patch as well, possibly?), so I guess somebody must have complained to Kobo Support about that.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:28 AM   #54
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Maybe a Dropbox patch can be created for all kobos?. Just a shot in the dark.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:38 AM   #55
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Testing on Kobo Touch (C version)
The response to touch seems faster, including normally slow text select for highlight/annotation/search.
It seemed to update faster than last version (which took ages).
Otherwise I can't see any difference to last version.
Last version and this one seem about the same for ghosting, both much less than all the previous versions. Screen now nearly as good as the Sony PRS350.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:29 AM   #56
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Jealous of that Dropbox support. That would simplify things. Right now, I've set my Mac to run Calibre when it receives a trigger command via email. Then Calibre runs its server, and I can access my library from abroad because I've opened up a port in my router. The only problem is that I don't have a fixed IP address, so I use the free noip.com but often forget to renew the freebie domain redirect. Yeah, Dropbox support would be much simpler.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:41 AM   #57
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
It's been 10 minutes since it's finished upgrading and I'm still at the 'three dots' stage. Based on what you said, I should probably mention that my database is quite big - I have more than 4000+ books on the H2O.
Mine took 20 minutes. Original H20 - don't call her old! More books than you on device + card.

Oops - wrong thread. The update I am referring to was to 4.17.xxx. (From 4.3.9084)

Are people running the 4.17 patch with 4.18?

Last edited by booklover6; 10-01-2019 at 06:45 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:54 AM   #58
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
Testing on Kobo Touch (C version)
The response to touch seems faster, including normally slow text select for highlight/annotation/search.
Woa... Text Selection on Kepub is massively more responsive.. and the glitch with moving the selection handles twice, (once to unlock/close the pop up menu, then move again to actually change the selection.), has been fixed.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:07 AM   #59
tourneur
Zealot
tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
Woa... Text Selection on Kepub is massively more responsive.. and the glitch with moving the selection handles twice, (once to unlock/close the pop up menu, then move again to actually change the selection.), has been fixed.
Great to hear! Hopefully also easier to remove marked text. Struggled with that massively.
tourneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:21 AM   #60
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
Jealous of that Dropbox support. That would simplify things. Right now, I've set my Mac to run Calibre when it receives a trigger command via email. Then Calibre runs its server, and I can access my library from abroad because I've opened up a port in my router. The only problem is that I don't have a fixed IP address, so I use the free noip.com but often forget to renew the freebie domain redirect. Yeah, Dropbox support would be much simpler.
There is a dynamic update client you can run on your MAC to keep your DNS updated.

Here is NoIP's directions on the dynamic update client.

https://www.noip.com/support/knowled...ient-on-a-mac/
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote