Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-11-2020, 11:53 AM   #31
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Perhaps it does. Many Lenovo laptops have PWM, so possibly it's the cause of buzzing on mine. (I wanted to test just now, but the damn thing wouldn't buzz when I needed it to. Later, perhaps)

Edit: nah, it still buzzes even with the light all the way up.
with my buzzing LCD TN monitor- which may have been an ACER- from memory it was setting contrast to 100% that stopped it. a <100 value buzzed. ( or maybe it was brightness, or both) . There was one preset that was buzz free and it used 100% values under the bonnet.
I have also had dell Inspiron PCs where moving the mouse caused noise. that was due to poor quality on-board Realtek chips picking up interference from other emissions in the case. and it happened with different graphics cards or even with onboard graphics. I only use SP/DIF or external USB DACs now, thoses are noise free.

these things can be faint ( the OPS Clara is probably faint) but its hard to "un-hear" an annoyance. Its like trying to "un-see" the light band on the thick edge, though that one does improve with practice
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:22 PM   #32
Xullo
Xullo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Well, I received the new device and... it also makes noise, so I guess it's a failure of all the Kobo Libra H20. Very disappointed.
Xullo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:45 PM   #33
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xullo View Post
Well, I received the new device and... it also makes noise, so I guess it's a failure of all the Kobo Libra H20. Very disappointed.
It's been told many times in this thread that it's not a fault of ALL Kobo Libras. Probably just a faulty batch or two. I would suggest to wait a while before trying again.

My Libra makes no audible noise, unless I put it close to my ear.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 03:11 PM   #34
Xullo
Xullo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
It's been told many times in this thread that it's not a fault of ALL Kobo Libras. Probably just a faulty batch or two. I would suggest to wait a while before trying again.

My Libra makes no audible noise, unless I put it close to my ear.
Or maybe I have a very fine sense of hearing. I am disappointed that they did not test this before sending me the replacement and that other (cheaper) models of e-readers are totally silent.
Xullo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buzz, libra, noise, whine