Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #31
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Robert, you're teasing us. Just share with us any info about the 9" screen device Astak is preparing (or isn't anymore?).
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:45 PM   #32
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Did not mean to tease. Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Robert, you're teasing us. Just share with us any info about the 9" screen device Astak is preparing (or isn't anymore?).
Dear Over:

It is a valid question and I wish I knew.

I KNOW that several eBook Device factories in China DO already have the 9 inch out. But, they lack having a DRM porting. You can buy them but you only have 4-5 formats on there and neither Mobipocket or Adobe for DRM. There may be one exception: Jinke was indeed working on a 9 inch with Mobipocket... but not for the USA.

I do know that IREX had a really nice 10 or 11 inch that was pricey and they went out of business. Kindle had a 9.7 inch I believe and they stopped making it. So far, the 9 inch road is littered with failures.

Now, add to this that Kindle is selling a Wi-Fi 6 inch for $137 which is far below their cost to make it and ALL of the Asian factories are thinking the USA has gone NUTS! There is little talk right now about pursuing the 9 inch in the USA as it would have to be priced at less than $199 and that is a sure loser! And... then you have the iPad to compete with!

I am trying to tell it here as I see it. I could be wrong. But, I firmly believe that the reasons I list above are the big reasons for lessening the liklihood of the 9 inch!! It could change next month. Things happen very fast in this industry. But I have not seen any new word on what seemed immenant at one time!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #33
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Regarding Amazon "snooping" on their customer's Kindles... wasn't there an incident with 1984? Which seems rather ironic, considering the nature of the book...
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #34
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Oh, and welcome back, Robert!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #35
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
It sounds like the forum & bookstore are really going to rock when it's all said & done Robert, thanks!

I will try to shove my impatience back in to its cage.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #36
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
The way I interpreted Amazon's wording was they only pulled information regarding ebooks you have bought from them. My understanding is, say you bought ebooks from Baen you can't sync current page etc across devices. Am I correct, or do they update ALL ebooks regardless of origin?
That's how I read it too. I know you can side-load books you got from other sources besides Amazon to Kindle devices as long as they have no DRM.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #37
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Doggonit, Over.

I am accessing this forum from a KOA on vacation with a lot of bugs around. Just sprayed my computer screen trying to blow that stupid bug of yours off the screen.

Just thot you'd like to know,
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:05 PM   #38
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
Regarding Amazon "snooping" on their customer's Kindles... wasn't there an incident with 1984? Which seems rather ironic, considering the nature of the book...
As I understand that "incident", there was something about permissions from the publisher when Amazon jumped the gun and started selling it without having all the threads tied down, so the book was pulled from the shelves -- in the estore and Kindles. But I believe peeps were re-embursed or in some way compensated for the loss.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:08 AM   #39
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
As I understand that "incident", there was something about permissions from the publisher when Amazon jumped the gun and started selling it without having all the threads tied down, so the book was pulled from the shelves -- in the estore and Kindles. But I believe peeps were re-embursed or in some way compensated for the loss.
I think that's what I heard, too.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:33 AM   #40
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
welcome back, Robertb! glad you're up and hopping
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #41
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
all hosted by The Renegade Intern!
Slightly OT, but the Renegade Intern cracks me up.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #42
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
I do know that IREX had a really nice 10 or 11 inch that was pricey and they went out of business. Kindle had a 9.7 inch I believe and they stopped making it. So far, the 9 inch road is littered with failures.
That part is inaccurate. Not only has Kindle not stopped selling its large Kindle DX, but they did release a new and cheaper version, called Graphite, which carries the new Pearl screen. Needless to say, it generated a lot of excitement.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #43
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I really did not know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
That part is inaccurate. Not only has Kindle not stopped selling its large Kindle DX, but they did release a new and cheaper version, called Graphite, which carries the new Pearl screen. Needless to say, it generated a lot of excitement.
Dear Logseman:

Thank you for the correction. I know I read before my surgery that Amazon was pulling the DX; but I do believe you.

That same article said that large screens were not working out. I was just trying to pass on what I did read. To me... 9 inch makes sense; but I have heard little new and I only put out what I have read when I have no other info to the contrary.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #44
Robertb

Thank you!! I feel almost normal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
welcome back, Robertb! glad you're up and hopping
Dear Basschick and Davimee:

Thank you! There were days when I was sure they had made numerous mistakes and it was far worse and I envisioned pieces of meniscus stuck amongst the other knee parts limiting mobility.

Those first two days were outrageous on pain; and the first week or so felt like no progress and things were worse. It was horrible feeling like the operation failed and I would be left unable to walk properly ever again. I admit freely that there were many times I lost confidence.

But, today, I am walking without a cane and not limping much (if at all) and without any real pain. Basically... I feel whole again! I also now value my knees, do not take chances, watch where I step, and no longer feel "unbreakable". But I am very happy and the surgeon was outstanding. It will be three months before I can rebuild strength fully... but gee I do feel happy!!
Old 08-06-2010, 04:46 PM   #45
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
I quit feeling unbreakable several years ago when I "broke" one time too many to ignore it any longer (the warranty on my body ran out 21 years ago when I turned 40).

It's official. Since physical therapy, stretches and time are no longer improving my left shoulder, on the 18th, I'm having surgery to cut loose the remaining adhesions in my left shoulder. I'll have to have physical therapy daily for a few days, then taper that off although I will have to do stretches every hour for a month to ensure the adhesions do not "re-adhere" (is that a word? ). I've been warned recovery will be very painful but if it ends the pain and limited mobility in my left shoulder, it will be worth it, assuming I don't bite someone's head off and die of indigestion.

Then there is the right shoulder...
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote