Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-13-2015, 05:50 AM   #1
Dandamis
Dandamis began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Kobo Aura H2O - Cannot remove SD card from device

Hello, I have just bought the Kobo Aura H2O. A beautiful device! I tried to put a SD card into the device, this worked fine. All the files on it got read. However, the sd card is totally stuck in there. At first I thought I just did not know how to get it out of there. But after watching a video on how to place/remove the sd card, it seems mine doesn't stick out (See picture). No matter what I try or how I press onto it, it does not "pop" back out.

I have contacted Kobo support, but they said they were unable to help me with the issue and advised to contact the store where I purchased the e-reader.

It would not have been much of a problem, if I were able to drag-and-drop new books onto the SD card. The SD card can be seen in windows when I connect the device, however after disconnecting and syncing any new books on the SD-card these do not show up on the Aura.

I was hoping any of you know of this issue?

Last edited by Dandamis; 05-13-2015 at 06:43 AM.
Dandamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:09 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Please resize that image before it is removed for you. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/faq...ing_guidelines

Quote:

General posting guidelines also apply to avatars, images and signatures.

Images included in posts must be no more than 600x600 pixels. Individual forum sections, including the Self-Promotions forum, may require smaller images. Please read the Promotion Posting Guidelines for specific information. You may use a picture as a link to a larger picture elsewhere.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2015, 08:06 AM   #3
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Use a small device (like the head of a little screwdriver or a scalpel or a dart) to press it (but gently) and pop it out ; and a tweezer to take it out after that.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:18 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Please resize that image before it is removed for you. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/faq...ing_guidelines

Thanks.

He's a lucky fellow.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:28 PM   #5
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Girls don't have this problems, thanks to fingernails

Guys need a credit card or similar.

That said, yours actually looks a little stuck. Normally you push it in a little until you hear a 'click' and it will pop out.

Last edited by frostschutz; 05-13-2015 at 12:36 PM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2015, 06:49 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I had this issue with one Aura. What I ended up using was a thin feeler guage to push a piece of scotch tape into the slot so it stuck to the uSD card and then pulled the whole thing out. Checked the slot and couldn't find any issues and another uSD card popped in and out happily.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 05:22 AM   #7
Dandamis
Dandamis began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks for the replies and letting me know it is possible to pry it out

Managed to get it out of the slot by a very small amount, then used a needle & some leverage to lever it out of there.

Now I'm going to have fun to fill the device.
Dandamis is offline   Reply With Quote