Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #1
jdm001
Connoisseur
jdm001 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Dualbook
Red face Just found my EE -- What's latest build and has eInk Initializing problem been fixed?

Hi,

I've been on here for a while; but I lost my eDGe about 6-8 months ago in a move... just found it the other day and dusted it off.

I was wondering what the latest golden release is.

Also, I keep getting the eInk stuck "initializing" on my edge. I reflash it and it works flawlessly for a week or two; then starts doing it again.

Here was my last post on it:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=181893

Has anyone figured this out? I didn't see any threads as i skimmed through everything that's happened in the last 6 mos.

Any info appreciated!

JM
jdm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:33 AM   #2
jdm001
Connoisseur

bump?
Old 02-26-2014, 11:52 PM   #3
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi, jdm001. I only ever had my PE mess up like you are experiencing once. Have you set the device to actually use the SD card for primary storage (under settings -> device storage -> 'data storage device') and not the internal memory? I switched to that after the first time it messed up and haven't had it happen again.

I'd have to look at the EE stuff. I sold mine recently and never really paid much attention to it versus the PE.
helf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #4
jdm001
Connoisseur

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helf View Post
Hi, jdm001. I only ever had my PE mess up like you are experiencing once. Have you set the device to actually use the SD card for primary storage (under settings -> device storage -> 'data storage device') and not the internal memory? I switched to that after the first time it messed up and haven't had it happen again.

I'd have to look at the EE stuff. I sold mine recently and never really paid much attention to it versus the PE.
Helf, ah okay that helps. I did on the old one and it didn't seem to help. I thought it might be a loose connection; but it would work fine immediately after doing a revert on the OS.

I got another one for $40 off ebay to test it out. While it sometimes goes slow and *looks* like it's going to hang and do the same thing; it refreshes the eink screen and works. I'm using the same exact card (i took it out the old one), and i did a restore from TI Backup on all programs.

I guess it's some type of isolated issue. Frustrating, because I love the eink and the journal for notes in eink too.

Thanks for taking a look!