Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-07-2022, 06:37 AM   #1
ell
ell began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
Question "Store" home screen button and "Web" homepage set to weird czech(?) store - fixable?

Hello fellow e-reader users! I hope I'm posting this in the right spot, I'm new.

So, I got a PocketBook Touch Lux 3, and I got it from Amazon Germany and not any foreign store. However, "Store" home screen button and "Web" homepage set to weird czech(?) store, or polish maybe, I have to guess since I don't even speak the language. This is kind of annoying since obviously, a store that doesn't ship to where I live and where I can't even understand the listings is beyond useless to me.

Sadly, PocketBook support claims this is somehow operating as intended and I can't find a setting to change it. Is that really true? Shouldn't I get a PocketBook device with a German store if I'm ordering from Germany? Why is it "bound" to any store anyway, if I'm not buying it branded from that store? This all seems a bit fishy. Is Amazon Germany to blame here, or what's going on? And is there some secret setting to fix my device after all? Seems silly to send it back just due to this.

ell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 02:20 PM   #2
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
Usually, the Pocketbook support can change the Shop to a different one if you contact them and tell them the serial number of the device. I'm surprised they didn't suggest that when you asked.

I'd try contacting them again explicitly requesting they set the Shop to whatever shop you want (Pocketbook itself?), and include the serial number; and see what they say.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2022, 11:22 AM   #3
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ell View Post
Hello fellow e-reader users! I hope I'm posting this in the right spot, I'm new.

So, I got a PocketBook Touch Lux 3, and I got it from Amazon Germany and not any foreign store. However, "Store" home screen button and "Web" homepage set to weird czech(?) store, or polish maybe, I have to guess since I don't even speak the language. This is kind of annoying since obviously, a store that doesn't ship to where I live and where I can't even understand the listings is beyond useless to me.

Sadly, PocketBook support claims this is somehow operating as intended and I can't find a setting to change it. Is that really true? Shouldn't I get a PocketBook device with a German store if I'm ordering from Germany? Why is it "bound" to any store anyway, if I'm not buying it branded from that store? This all seems a bit fishy. Is Amazon Germany to blame here, or what's going on? And is there some secret setting to fix my device after all? Seems silly to send it back just due to this.

If I were you, I would go to the Pocekbook support pages:

https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch/support

- Downloaded the last update
- Updated your device
- After the update, go to settings and choose "reinstall / default settings".

Your device will initially prompt you to sign in to your Pocketbook account after it has been restored. So do that and you should have a properly setup trade matching your account's characteristics.

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 08-08-2022 at 11:25 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 03:52 PM   #4
ell
ell began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
Maybe the problem is related to me not using a PocketBook account on the reader? (Or any other account, really.) The store I'd be interested in would be thalia.de but I wouldn't really want to use that with an account on-device either, just to browse it sometimes and then buy things on my computer to manually transfer
ell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 07:52 PM   #5
Valwit
Enthusiast
Valwit began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Inkpad3Pro
i really wonder why the support has to do it and why i as the owner/user can not change which service to use. especially as it appears that it's just a config issue, apps are already there for all options
Valwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2022, 05:44 AM   #6
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
You can do it yourself but it is defined in a file in the secure partition which is only accessable via root.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 05:53 AM   #7
Valwit
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
You can do it yourself but it is defined in a file in the secure partition which is only accessable via root.
i got root

would it be /mnt/secure/device.cfg?

this part in particular?

hasStoreOpds=0
have_pbcloud=1
nativeAuthForWeb=0
needAutoRegistrationToCloud=1
partner=pocketbook
partner_default_url=0
serial=....
storeName=pocketbook
Old 08-22-2022, 07:58 AM   #8
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, that should do the trick, if I remember correctly.
Old 08-24-2022, 03:34 AM   #9
nhedgehog
Guru

But ell is gone awol, following a trend, which is the reason why I tend more and more to ignore questions from new user. Without giving feedback it feels like sucking from the swarm intelligence without giving something back.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 08-25-2022 at 01:39 AM.
Old 08-24-2022, 05:50 PM   #10
Valwit
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
But ell is gone awol, following a trend, which is the reason why tend more and more to ignore questions from new user. Without giving feedback it feels like sucking from the swarm intelligence without giving something back.
but the answers stay here and can be found, so it's not entirely gone

as for Germany: default shop seems to be pockebook's own german show, and onleihe.de as app is active for being able to borrow books from libraries.
its a bit disappointing that it is not possible to have all of them at once
Old 04-16-2024, 04:23 AM   #11
Valwit
Enthusiast

So for me changing from the international version to the polish one with empik and legimi was easy: talk to support, reboot, done. But the way back was more tricky. It should work the same way, but didn't maybe because of root, maybe because it disabled pbcloud so that it could not change the settings. Even flashing firmware would not help, only after editing /mnt/secure/device.cfg I got what i wanted.
Reason for switching back: syncing to pocketbook reader app on android was more important than empik or legimi, which i stopped using after few weeks

Tags
pocketbook touch lux 3