Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-06-2022, 01:28 AM   #1
jmgant108
jmgant108 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
custom save template for PDF

I use KOReader for PDFs on my kobo libra. Searching dozens of authors (especially when I can't remember their names) is tedious in the KOReader file manager.

Is there a way I can prepend the book format to the save path when calibre sends it? This way I'll have two paths: '/kepub/author/title' and '/pdf/author/title' and I can then easily locate my PDFs with KOReader.

Or even better, save all kepub in a directory called 'nickle' and pdfs in 'koreader'

Thanks
jmgant108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 08:09 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgant108 View Post
I use KOReader for PDFs on my kobo libra. Searching dozens of authors (especially when I can't remember their names) is tedious in the KOReader file manager.

Is there a way I can prepend the book format to the save path when calibre sends it? This way I'll have two paths: '/kepub/author/title' and '/pdf/author/title' and I can then easily locate my PDFs with KOReader.

Or even better, save all kepub in a directory called 'nickle' and pdfs in 'koreader'
It is a template, so you can use any function or part of the metadata to construct the path. But, the best I can think of for this:

Code:
program:
type_dir = in_list(approximate_formats(), ',', 'PDF','pdfs','nickel');
strcat(type_dir, '/', $author_sort, '/', $title, ' - ', $authors)
The problem is that "approximate_formats" returns a list of formats for the book. My template basically assumes the PDFs are the only format for that book. Or that it is higher in the formats to send to the device than any other format the book has.

There is probably a better way. Maybe @chaley will pop in with a suggestion.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2022, 11:11 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgant108 View Post
Have you tried the search function in KOReader? AFAIR, It uses the metadata.calibre file as the source for the search so you do need to be sending your PDFs using calibre.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
koreader, libra, pdf, template