Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-07-2022, 10:14 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^

Thank you.

Your comments reinforce my gut feelings about these two readers. I own neither of them, but I do own the Libra 2 which is a really fine device, with an absolutely incredible screen. It makes the screen on my old Kobo Aura One look like dog food.*

Regarding the Libra 2, in my opinion it has the same quality screen - in terms of crispness and clarity - that my late lamented Kindle Voyage has. (The battery will no longer hold a charge, and batteries cannot be shipped to this country that I am currently trapped in.)

* Please note that there is nothing inherently wrong with the color of dog food or with the old Kobo Aura One.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:27 AM   #17
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2 & PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa & Sage
FWIW, I concur with @DNSB's assessment.

I'd only really recommend the Forma if someone *really* cares about a really light and/or resistant (plastic substrate) device. That's my main gripe with the Sage compared to the Forma: its weight. (To be fair, the Forma was *extremely* light, so it's pretty hard to beat ;p).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote