Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-25-2022, 03:04 PM   #1
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Outlined font for headers in Neoreader

Somehow all chapter headers in Neoreader are styled as outlined letters. Very annoying. They are styled normally i Koreader.

Changing fonts doesn't influence it.

Does anyone know how to change the styling?
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 03:49 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
delete post
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 04:24 PM   #3
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Sigh. Yes, that's the stupid "High Contrast Text".
It's on by default. You can disable it on a per-app basis.
Go to Apps, long click your app and in there are the "optimized" settings for your app.

I disabled that globally and I don't even remember how I did it.
I basically took an axe to all the Onyx stuff.

If this isn't what you meant, please post a screen grab.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 08:27 PM   #4
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
Thanks. I just downloaded the KOReader. But then I found that it doesn't support epubs with WebP images. The WebP image format is supported in epub v3.3 and supported by Neoreader, Moon+ Reader and ReadEra.

Let me write on their issue list and see if they can support WebP in future release.

EDIT: KOReader have no short term plan on supporting WebP =(
EDIT2: KOReader suddenly support WebP in the 2022.08 release =)

Last edited by winstonma; 09-05-2022 at 10:03 PM.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 05:26 AM   #5
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Thanks for the High contrast reminder. It's an experimental setting in accessibility settings. I found it with a hidden settings app, that re-enables the access to Android's settings. (Onyx blocks this.)

I also found that I could get rid of it by messing with the choice of engine used by Neoreader. I still use the older one, since switching removes the annotations.
Switching to the newer engine also removes the outline font.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 06:39 AM   #6
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
There's a black list of apps in the Onyx launcher.
If you use another launcher then Android Settings is just naturally there.

When I originally looked at the "High Contrast" problem I did see it in Android Settings. It was off and didn't change anything when cycled on-off.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote