Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 04-16-2024, 10:48 PM   #151
Glsparks2
Glsparks2 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung S23 Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Many thanks! That allows access to sorting etc. And the Virtual View option seems useful.

The need to copy the whole Calibre database outside of Calibre, is a bit of a killer, which I presume means syncing regularly. But CS is useful if CC doesn't get fixed. So I might use the "Smart Device" but only send a couple of books at a time. This last comment in case any others are contemplating CS without cloud Calibre.
I use Syncthing to keep my Calibre Library on my PC synched with Calibre Library on my android phone. I use CS as an eBook browser on my phone.

I just switched to Syncthing-Fork for android as it seems to work a little better with recent versions of Android OS.

Syncthing is much faster at wireless transfer than any variation of Calibre and Calibre Companion that I have used in the last 10 years or so.
Glsparks2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, mobile, sync