Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-05-2021, 12:27 PM   #1
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Force the content of a table cell to be visible

I don't know how to explain this issue... and maybe this was why I couldn't find an answer so far.

I need to use table to summarise some info. The trouble is that the content of the Conclusions row is cropped by the eReader, so a great amount of text is not shown (depending on the text size). That is, the table is displayed on as much as the screen allows it, but the "next page" jumps to the next row of info, not to the remaining text.

I understand that overflow is not supported by epub2.01.

Is there any solution to force the eReader display all the text in a cell even if the text is larger than its screen (like it does with <p>, for instance or <div> or any other text tags)?

Thanks
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:07 PM   #2
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
I don't know how to explain this issue... and maybe this was why I couldn't find an answer so far.

I need to use table to summarise some info. The trouble is that the content of the Conclusions row is cropped by the eReader, so a great amount of text is not shown (depending on the text size). That is, the table is displayed on as much as the screen allows it, but the "next page" jumps to the next row of info, not to the remaining text.

I understand that overflow is not supported by epub2.01.

Is there any solution to force the eReader display all the text in a cell even if the text is larger than its screen (like it does with <p>, for instance or <div> or any other text tags)?

Thanks
Where do you see that behavior? On Legacy RMSDK, Webkit, Readium, Amazon...?

EDIT: Yes, I see the issue is with Legacy RMSDK. Could you post a picture with the layout of what you want?

Last edited by RbnJrg; 08-05-2021 at 09:48 PM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2021, 04:30 AM   #3
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's a Sony (it works identical on all versions I have, T1, T2 and T3). It uses the Adobe software. So, yes, its RMSDK.

On computers, I have no issue (maybe because the screen is much much larger).

You mean to insert photos of the device (Sony T3)? I think I can do this.

Thank you
Old 08-06-2021, 09:30 AM   #4
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's a Sony (it works identical on all versions I have, T1, T2 and T3). It uses the Adobe software. So, yes, its RMSDK.

On computers, I have no issue (maybe because the screen is much much larger).

You mean to insert photos of the device (Sony T3)? I think I can do this.

Thank you
Yes, or the output you are looking for. Theorically, ADE 2.x doesn't support tables with a row whose hight is greater than the viewport. So you need to mimic the table (or the problematic row). I'd like to see how many columns and rows should have the "table" you want in order to see if there is method that displays (like a table) the info you want (for example, to use an unordered list —list-item: none"—, whose list items are displayed as "inline-block" or "float" elements).
Old 08-06-2021, 12:15 PM   #5
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Ok, althought I don't know how is the layout you want for the table (you still didn't posted the pictures), watch the epub I attach and study the method I applied there to get a table layout, with a very high row, that is supported for ADE 2 and I think in your Sony reader too. Here you can see pictures about how it looks in ADE:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.png
Views:	726
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	188562 Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.png
Views:	459
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	188563 Click image for larger version

Name:	Image3.png
Views:	447
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	188564

I hope this can help you.

Regards
Rubén
Attached Files
File Type: epub Large Table.epub (2.8 KB, 375 views)
Advert
Old 08-06-2021, 05:19 PM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Ok, althought I don't know how is the layout you want for the table (you still didn't posted the pictures), watch the epub I attach and study the method I applied there to get a table layout, with a very high row, that is supported for ADE 2 and I think in your Sony reader too. Here you can see pictures about how it looks in ADE:

Attachment 188562 Attachment 188563 Attachment 188564

I hope this can help you.

Regards
Rubén
Rubén, I thought he meant that the content went off the right-hand edge of the reader and wouldn't scroll to the right? I could be (and probably am) completely and totally wrong, of course.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 06:12 PM   #7
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Rubén, I thought he meant that the content went off the right-hand edge of the reader and wouldn't scroll to the right? I could be (and probably am) completely and totally wrong, of course.

Hitch
It could be perfectly possible what you say Hitch and because of that, is that I asked for the OP a picture of the table layout to be sure what is the nature of the issue. If the problem is as you say, then the OP is in trouble.
Old 08-06-2021, 06:23 PM   #8
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
It could be perfectly possible what you say Hitch and because of that, is that I asked for the OP a picture of the table layout to be sure what is the nature of the issue. If the problem is as you say, then the OP is in trouble.
Well, we'll all sit here with bated breath.....

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 02:17 AM   #9
Ghitulescu
Fanatic

Sorry for this belated answer, the card in my camera was a full SD whereas the laptop only accepted microSD, and I had to find a solution to read it.

As the photo below shows, the text that flows over the physical display (viewport) is "lost" to the humans. See the arrow. The width of the table is set to 100%, to make sure it fits. Is there any solution to "recover" that invisible text? Sony does not provide any scrollbars or anything like, or I wasn't able to find it myself.

So it is like in the previous photos, which I also have on my computer, thus I didn't notice it before:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sony2.png
Views:	556
Size:	771.5 KB
ID:	188624  
Old 08-10-2021, 08:07 AM   #10
RbnJrg
Wizard

Did you load in your Sony the epub I attached in my previous post? How does it display? I think that the method I use in that epub can fix your issue.
Old 08-10-2021, 08:43 AM   #11
Ghitulescu
Fanatic

Not yet, I wanted to make sure first that my problem is correctly explained.

I will download it, test it and post the result tomorrow.

Thanks for your effort
Old 08-11-2021, 03:39 AM   #12
Ghitulescu
Fanatic

It works. I am testing now the multiple rows of informations and the way they could be re-arranged, but the problem as it stood initially can be considered to be solved.
Thanks
Old 08-12-2021, 01:22 PM   #13
Ghitulescu
Fanatic

Well, it does not work on a Trekstor Pyrus mini, but I believe this is not really a very capable device anyway.
Old 08-12-2021, 07:29 PM   #14
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Well, it does not work on a Trekstor Pyrus mini, but I believe this is not really a very capable device anyway.
I don't know what rendering engine has Trekstor mini. The epub I posted can run even under ADE 2.0 (your Sonys have ADE 2.0); maybe the issue in Trekstor is due to its 4.3" screen. Or if Trekstor can't support the float property, then you'll have to use a real table and break the info in more rows (of course, each row lower than the viewport).

Tags
content missing, epub2, sony, table