Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-30-2015, 08:56 AM   #1
stethorn
Connoisseur
stethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of lightstethorn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Glo
Reading Settings not saving

Hi,

Just dug an od Kobo Glo out, firmware was old so did an update, noticed some new settings in the reading settings for Pinch to zoom and two finder brightness . However when I enable any of these 2 settings the option does not save, go back in and its unticked and the feature will not work.
I have forced a hardreset and its still the same. Firmware version is 3.17.3
stethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 07:46 PM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by stethorn View Post
Just dug an od Kobo Glo out, firmware was old so did an update, noticed some new settings in the reading settings for Pinch to zoom and two finder brightness . However when I enable any of these 2 settings the option does not save, go back in and its unticked and the feature will not work.
I have forced a hardreset and its still the same. Firmware version is 3.17.3
The settings for "Pinch to adjust font size" and "Two-finger swipe to adjust brihtness" are supposed to be only for the Aura, they don't do anything on the Glo as the Glo doesn't have those features. The fact that the settings appear on the Glo is a bug introduced in recent firmware (it started in 3.15.0 or 3.16.0 I think.)

(On the Glo you can adjust brightness by a single-finger swipe up/down the left edge of the screen.)
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert