Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-01-2021, 01:03 AM   #1
detourx
detourx began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Wrong icon

I have the wrong icon on my e-books - it shows an 'e' instead of calibre's icon. How do I change it to Calibre? I looked at defaults and it appears that Calibre is the default. Thanks for any help.
Attached Images

detourx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 07:50 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I'm guessing you have Windows 10 and either IE11 or Edge thinks it owns everything. There is more than one place in Win10 where "defaults" are set.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2021, 01:00 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by detourx View Post
I have the wrong icon on my e-books - it shows an 'e' instead of calibre's icon. How do I change it to Calibre? I looked at defaults and it appears that Calibre is the default. Thanks for any help.
  1. Right click on any of your books that show that icon.
  2. In the menu that opens, go to 'Open With >'
  3. A new submenu will open with a list of programs.
  4. If you see Calibre choose it.
  5. If you don't see Calibre, click 'Choose another app' This will open a new window.
  6. In the new window, click 'More apps'
  7. Click one of the Calibre choices: Calibre e-book editor, Calibre e-book viewer (probably this one) or Main Calibre program
  8. One you choose one, click the box that says 'Always use this app to open .epub files'

That should be it. You do this one time and you should be set.

By the way, your Windows 10 is really out of date. Edge hasn't opened ePubs since they changed over to Chromium in January 2020. You should update it. Go to settings, Window Update.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 06:47 PM   #4
detourx
detourx began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Thank you for that.
detourx is offline   Reply With Quote