Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-23-2021, 12:21 AM   #3316
koboje
koboje began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra and Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Does it behave when toggling it manually?

I don't recall having tested auto-connect, but I also don't recall anything hardware-specific about it off the top of my head.

The Wi-Fi scripts are one of the last thing I tested/fixed in the PR, so, double-check you're actually running the latest code in case you did a custom setup?

EDIT: Yup, #worksforme (startup via KFMon + NM).
Not sure why. I just replaced the nightly koreader folder to your one-click zip and installed with your script method. When i touch "connect" from the calibre menu while wifi is off, the error message pops up after I touched wifi turn on.
Even "network" - "wi-fi connection" menu also returns the same error message. Well, again, not a big deal at all as I can exit from koreader and turn on wifi from kobo stock menu. Thank you always and I love elipsa's big screen (i know resolution sucks but still i like it!)
koboje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 02:55 PM   #3317
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@koboje: That's the error we get when we fail to load the Wi-Fi chip's driver (granted, possibly among other things ^^), which one of the last thing I fixed, hence the questions .

On the off-chance something changed, on which FW version is this happening?

(Otherwise, investigating this would require shell access over USBNet, and while I have it running fine, I haven't updated KoboStuff with the final round of fixes, and I won't be able to do so until next week ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 04:43 PM   #3318
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Err, actually, the crash.log would be a good start ^^.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:45 PM   #3319
koboje

Quote:
Err, actually, the crash.log would be a good start ^^.
Device: Kobo Elipsa FW: 4.28.17925 (latest)

Log:

07/23/21-20:42:56 INFO Kobo Wi-Fi: enabling Wi-Fi
ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device
07/23/21-20:43:13 INFO quitting uimanager

Hope this is the right log. Oh btw, wifi works very well on my libra running the latest stable release. It could be something to do with naming of elipsa wifi chip?

Last edited by koboje; 07-23-2021 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-23-2021, 08:52 PM   #3320
koboje

Duplicated post. Sorry!!
Old 07-24-2021, 09:36 AM   #3321
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Ideally, I'd need the full file .
Old 07-24-2021, 10:27 PM   #3322
Zac Ereader
Zac Ereader began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini, Sony
Mini install

Can't get KOReader to launch on a Mini. Clicking on the icon does nothing.

Using a Kobo Mini with stock firmware:
FW 3.19.5761

Tried the one click installations:
OCP-KOReader-v2021.06.zip
OCP-Plato-0.9.17_KOReader-v2021.06.zip

Installs OK but neither seems to launch KOReader. Log file is empty.

Ideas? How to launch KOReader on a Mini?
Zac Ereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 04:31 AM   #3323
NiLuJe
BLAM!

NickelMenu doesn't support FW 3.19, so, clarify what you mean by "icon".

(KFMon *might* support it, but it's admittedly only been tested on FW >= 4.8).

TL;DR: Update to the current FW release first (you'll have to do so manually, because the Mini is strangely locked from OTA updates).
Old 08-04-2021, 06:40 PM   #3324
vintodrimmer
Seen this place before
vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboje View Post
That's good enough if we can highlight with the pen! Can't wait!!!!!! Is https://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/ the link for nightly download?
Thanks for the link!
I was having troubles building it myself, but the nightlies work perfectly on my Elipsa.

On a general note, I have a couple of questions, that I failed to quickly find an answer to. If there is an answer, please point me to the corresponding thread.
1. Is there a way to tweak the interface? Everything is frighteningly large right now. I don't think I've seen a corresponding option in the advanced menu, but I'd be glad if there is a possibility to change the fond size for the GUI. I think I had similar experience some 5 years ago with Kindle.
2. Is there no way to read the books that were sent to Kobo using Calibre Web? It's not a large issue, since I'm planning on running a syncthing instead, but would be nice to transfer my current reading progress.
vintodrimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:21 PM   #3325
NiLuJe
BLAM!

1. There's a DPI setting in [Gear] > Screen (or somewhere around there ;p).

2. If they're sent somewhere in the .kobo folder, see the previous answers about that in this very thread ;p (they're about the native Dropbox folder, but the principle is the same).
Old 08-06-2021, 12:20 PM   #3326
vintodrimmer
Seen this place before
vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vintodrimmer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
1. There's a DPI setting in [Gear] > Screen (or somewhere around there ;p).

2. If they're sent somewhere in the .kobo folder, see the previous answers about that in this very thread ;p (they're about the native Dropbox folder, but the principle is the same).
Thanks!

Does anyone use SSH-key authorization? I might need some assistance.

I created a new RSA key-pair and cat it into into `/mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/settings/SSH/authorized_keys`. When trying to connect I get a password prompt.
I tried using a directory instead and dropping the .pub files inside, setting common file permissions, using the "-i" flag instead of `keychain` and so on to no avail.
I'm pretty sure I'm missing something obvious, but can't quite put my finger on it.
Should I create a key from root user?

Additionally, when I press on "SSH public key", it shows me where to put my public SSH keys. I assume it doesn't recognize the keys and would have otherwise changed to the list of added keys?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	koreader_ssh.png
Views:	128
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	188566  

Last edited by vintodrimmer; 08-06-2021 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Additional info.
Old 08-06-2021, 06:44 PM   #3327
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I've never set this up because reasons. (i.e., I hate this plugin in KOReader with a fiery passion, because it's a giant PITA to maintain the pile of hacks necessary to make it somewhat user-friendly, which, case in point: it isn't ).

I assume I did quickly check that the patch worked at one point, though ;D (EDIT: Yup, I've got an old authorized_keys in there, so, at least, that looks right. I can't vouch for your kchain alias, but I don't have any issues with a pam_ssh and/or keychain @ login workflow over here. Double-check that you actually have an ssh-agent running with the right key loaded? (ssh-add -l)).

As usual in this situation, try running your client session with -vvvv, as well as checking the server logs (via logread), that may shed some light on the issue.

EDIT²: And, no, AFAICT, the "SSH public key" field/button/whatever being visible has no bearing on your actual setup, it's always there.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 08-06-2021 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-07-2021, 04:54 AM   #3328
vintodrimmer
Seen this place before

Quote:
I've never set this up because reasons.

As usual in this situation, try running your client session with -vvvv, as well as checking the server logs (via logread), that may shed some light on the issue.
Thanks for the `-vvv`. Apparently, Fedora silently disabled RSA and I was getting "debug1: send_pubkey_test: no mutual signature algorithm".

In the end I switched to your tools, since they "just work" with my existing ed25519 keys and have a config I can find/modify.

Spoiler:
I was looking for a reason to ditch Fedora on my desktop for a while, after it messed up containers on my server.
Old 08-08-2021, 08:53 AM   #3329
VeronikaMD
VeronikaMD began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 650
Quote:
I actually never checked how far the pen buttons get picked up, but that's an interesting idea if it works from a reasonable distance .

I won't have time to look into it until the end of *next* week, though .

@Frenzie: In Nickel, the bottom button is a highlighter (free and converted to actual highlights when it crosses word boxes) and the top one an eraser.

----

As promised, I've just updated the OCP with today's nightly .
Hi !

A big thank you for this new OCP (I use Koreader especially for the contrast change in PdFs) : It works so well now on Kobo Elipsa !!
VeronikaMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 06:11 PM   #3330
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
3333 ;o)
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote