Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-14-2020, 09:45 AM   #1
mahaaaham
mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.

Device: inkpad X
Change default folder for screenshot

Hi,

I am using an Inkpad X (that, if I understand well, has almost the same software that the Inkpad 3) and I would like to change the default folder of the screenshot to a folder in "Dropbox Pocketbook" in order to direclty synchronise the screenshot with my dropbox account.

I tried to use "ln -s" to replace the screen folder to a symbolic link in order to accomplish my goal, but it seems that I doesn't have the authorisation for that (even in root in my manjaro linux).

Any advice? Thanks for your reading!

Last edited by mahaaaham; 06-14-2020 at 09:48 AM.
mahaaaham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 07:25 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Last I checked a few years ago, soft links don't work in the FAT filesystem when viewed by the internal linux OS. I doubt that has changed on the latest devices. You can try bypassing the USB mass storage driver by getting shell access on the device and trying to create a soft link there, but I'm pretty sure that didn't work when I tried it. So, you are likely going to have to come up with a different scheme than using a soft link.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2020, 12:16 PM   #3
mahaaaham
mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.mahaaaham is no e-book dilettante.

Device: inkpad X
Thanks for your answer rkomar.

I found a way to obtain what I want, asking directly to the pocketbook assistance that give me an interesting solution: just to put the "screen" folder as the default folder for dropbox! It is possible to do it in the parameters of the reader (settings/accounts and synchronization - dropbox).

I hope this will help!
mahaaaham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 08:42 AM   #4
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
Confirm, I tried to create a symbolic link to a directory using pbterm's shell. The link was created, but not traversed when I tried to list the files contained into that dir. Nor shown in the librarian view.
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 05:44 PM   #5
nuovodna
nuovodna began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I can't find default folder, where is it? I'm on Pocketbook Era
nuovodna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2023, 11:49 AM   #6
imustafin
imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.imustafin is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Pocketbook X (1040), Pocketbook 602 pro
You could also make a simple script which will copy/move all screenshots to your dropbox folder. You can run the script easily if you put it in the applications folder. Not a solution but maybe enough for a workaround
imustafin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dropbox, inkpad 3, inkpad x, screenshot