Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-25-2017, 12:01 PM   #1
booker07
booker07 began at the beginning.

Device: M96 Universe
M96 big pen eraser not working (big pen option checked)

Hello I have an Onyx M96 universe and I finally manage to upgrade the firmware thanks to that thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=255435 ( deleting the adb driver in windows device manager as pointed in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=255435&page=3 and the japanese link, was crucial to have the device recognized by adb)

the Problem I have now is that the big pen eraser is not working actually it writes instead of erasing... (indeed it was not working before because of the native firmware)

I tried to uncheck the big ben option reboot check the big pen option and reboot as advised in some thread here but this did not changed anything. I tried various firmware from 2014 up to last 2017 version but still have the same problem

The big pen itself is ok as I got it with an onyx Max and it is ok with this one

Thanks in advance for your help
booker07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:22 PM   #2
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker07 View Post
Hello I have an Onyx M96 universe and I finally manage to upgrade the firmware thanks to that thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=255435 ( deleting the adb driver in windows device manager as pointed in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=255435&page=3 and the japanese link, was crucial to have the device recognized by adb)

the Problem I have now is that the big pen eraser is not working actually it writes instead of erasing... (indeed it was not working before because of the native firmware)

I tried to uncheck the big ben option reboot check the big pen option and reboot as advised in some thread here but this did not changed anything. I tried various firmware from 2014 up to last 2017 version but still have the same problem

The big pen itself is ok as I got it with an onyx Max and it is ok with this one

Thanks in advance for your help
Hi,
the digitizer in M96 Universe is of the earlier version of M96 series and it doesn't support big pen eraser feature. This feature has been introduced later and was in first line available for M96 Plus version with new digitiser hardware.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2017, 05:35 PM   #3
booker07
booker07 began at the beginning.

Device: M96 Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
the digitizer in M96 Universe is of the earlier version of M96 series and it doesn't support big pen eraser feature. This feature has been introduced later and was in first line available for M96 Plus version with new digitiser hardware.
I see thank you very much so it was hopeless at least I will not waste my time anymore on this...thanks for the quick reply

If anyone know a good alternative to Onyxscribbler? Iwould like to be able swith to erase mode quicker with a push of a button for instance the two steps of onyxscribbler is too long and dangerous because if you select by mistake the other button you erase everything. Also I would like to be able to insert some blank space between two drawing or two hand written sentence

the problem with other app I have tested is that for some unknown reason they not as responsive as onyxscribbler so it not confortable to have a delay between your move with the pen and the appearing of the writing..

TIA

Last edited by booker07; 05-25-2017 at 05:38 PM.
booker07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
big pen, eraser, m96, onyx