Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-19-2015, 03:44 PM   #1
tqk
Linux User
tqk began at the beginning.

Device: none
Writing experience with the larger pen on the M96?

Looking back through these forums, I see that the pen of the M92 (which I think is the same as the regular-sized M96 pen) has been unfavorably described (see e.g. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=61). Therefore, I'm wondering if the writing experience is more acceptable with the new larger stylus from ereader-store.de sold with the M96 (see http://ereader-store.de/en/onyx-boox/64-onyx-boox-m96-black.html).

Could someone who has the larger stylus comment on what it's like to write with? Is the pen accurate? Is it comfortable to write long passages (multiple pages) with it?

Are the eraser and the button on the side recognized by any applications not made by Onyx? (If you're using the larger stylus with the M92, are the eraser and button recognized by anything?)

When using Windows (or Linux ) tablet PCs with Wacom pens, the pen can be used to move the cursor without touching the screen (some of Samsung's Android devices have "Air View", which is like a limited version of that). I haven't seen any mention of the M96 being able to do this. Is the hardware capable of it? Being able to see where the pen will write helps accuracy a great deal.
tqk is offline   Reply With Quote