Sony 38 17.35%
Kobo tablet 2 0.91%
Kobo e-ink 66 30.14%
iPad 13 5.94%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
mcrow
Zealot
mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4/Kindle Fire HD/Kindle Fire HDX 7"
Favorite e-reading device

So, which are your favorite reading devices? This includes both e-ink or tablets.
mcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
An option for "other" might have been good. On the whole I like my paperwhite best, but not all the time.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
mcrow
Zealot
mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mcrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
An option for "other" might have been good. On the whole I like my paperwhite best, but not all the time.
I didn't put other in because I see no point in tracking what could be a combination of any of 10+ devices.People are free to comment about other devices if they want though.

The ones in the poll are by far the most popular ones so I included them.

I think google tablets could be one that I missed but I don't think they have as many users for reading purposes as the ones on the list.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
I voted for eink Kindle, because I love my PW. However, I do think Android tablets as a group should have been listed, since the iPad was. I also love my Galaxy Tab 7.0+.
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I like my Kindle Paperwhite and Nook Glowlight equally. I think I'd like any lit e-ink touch screen reader. Brand is not important to me, and they are much more the same than different.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
I voted for Kindle e-ink, since I too love my PW. However I do think Sony makes the most beautiful readers; if they had one like the 650 but with a frontlight, or especially if one of their larger ones was color e-ink with a frontlight, I'd love it. Too bad their support for their products is so poor.

I use Amazon because their ebook store is so huge and because their customer service has been stellar.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #7
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Full disclosure here: I haven't had a Nook since the 1st generation, and my only Sony is a PSR-600, so I'm not the best person to ask about Sonys or Nooks, but I'm fairly up to date on everything else. For reading books, my first generation Paperwhite wins out over all my other devices and over all devices with which I'm familiar. Of course, I'd rather have a PW2, but not enough to plunk down the cash.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Kobo e-ink for me. I use a Kobo Glo.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #9
mcrow
Zealot

Of the e-readers I've had a chance to fiddle with I like the, Kobos and Kindle e-ink the best purely for reading but love my Kindle HDX for all around use.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #10
saoir
Groupie
saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Smart phones should be there. I spent almost two great years reading 20+ eBooks on my iPhone before moving to my KindlePW and I know others reading on smart phones. I still sometimes read on my iPhone5.
saoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #11
mcrow
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoir View Post
Smart phones should be there. I spent almost two great years reading 20+ eBooks on my iPhone before moving to my KindlePW and I know others reading on smart phones. I still sometimes read on my iPhone5.
Like I said above, for users on this website I listed the most common devices. The list would be 30 devices long if I added every device one could use.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #12
saoir
Groupie
saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.saoir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrow View Post
Like I said above, for users on this website I listed the most common devices. The list would be 30 devices long if I added every device one could use.
Hey ... I'm not complaining but how do we know smart phones are not common among readers here unless we ask :-) and one extra item could cover all smart phones .. but hey ... maybe next time :
saoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #13
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I don't like tablets because they are hard to read in bright daylight. (However, I like them better than e-readers if the ambient light is really REALLY low.)

I don't like any of the current e-readers. Too much frippery on many, not enough customizations on others, too much bugs on some. The Kindle Paperwhite is the least bad and the most stable of the ones I've checked out.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #14
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Another Kindle Paperwhite user here, but I do read sometimes on my iPhone, and all PDFs are read on the iPad.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #15
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Kindle PW so I did not vote for anything since I feel that a PW is distinct from other Kindle eink readers.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote