Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
Squarty
Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle Oasys 9th gen
Need internal flashcard image.

I wiped it.

I don't know neither which kind of filesystem was.

Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Squarty; 05-25-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Squarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Just to to check, you pulled the internal micro SD card out an wiped the whole thing? If so, you will need a full image of the card. I don't know if anyone has mentioned making one.

Or did you just wipe the user accessible partition? If so, powering off and on should take you through the set-up and fix it. If that doesn't work, doing a factory reset will rebuild it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2013, 03:53 AM   #3
Squarty
Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.Squarty knows the square root of minus one.

Hey Davidfor,
thank you for your attention.

Unfortunately I erased internal microsd
Old 05-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The problem is the image of a 4GB disk/card is... well, 4GB. Not all of us have sharing
accounts that make distributing such a large file easy.

The "free" sites don't seem to actually be free and put you through hoops that could
expose you to malicious software. (This could be just an old fogy talking.)

I'll look around again, and try to find a good site.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
cartman
Connoisseur
cartman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505 (Blue)
Well if you like i can provide you with a temporary ftp account to one of my servers. pm for the rest
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll give "FileDropper" another try, maybe I'll actually get a URL this time.
It takes awhile to upload such a file. At 39% now.
51%
62%
76%
91%

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 05-26-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #7
BookBunny
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏'\(⊙ ヮ⊙ )
BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.BookBunny 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Glo™
You can most likely compress the file extremely well because it's "empty bits". In extreme layman's terms.
BookBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #8
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookBunny View Post
You can most likely compress the file extremely well because it's "empty bits". In extreme layman's terms.
I am reluctant in this case given that it is an image file, I know it shouldn't
matter but...

Luck;
Ken
Old 05-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #9
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I am reluctant in this case given that it is an image file, I know it shouldn't
matter but...

Luck;
Ken
It doesn't matter, would just save space and time for the upload. I've done this before with my glo sd image for backing up. just rar it up using winrar won't break the image, you can even put a recovery record if your feeling paranoid.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #10
Ken Maltby
Wizard

The Filedropper upload is at 88% now, but I will put together a compressed version
and have it handy in case this doesn't work.

Well, it didn't give me a URL, again. If anyone has an account with them, I've seen
it said on the net that the uploads can be had by anyone. The file I uploaded is:
AuraHD.img 3,872,256 KB

I made a compressed .rar that is 549 MB, for the next time.
I put it in a "FileZila Server" with Public as the user, password is password.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 05-26-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #11
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Ken: When you get it uploaded, can you send me a link. I have a place I can put the compressed image for people to retrieve.

If someone has images for the Mini or Touch model N905C they can point me to, that would be good. That way I will have the complete set.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:41 AM   #12
Ken Maltby
Wizard

FileZila server not working the way I hoped.

I did get the AuraHD.rar file uploaded to YouSendIt.

The download is at:
Pls, contact "davidfor" for the file, as he is hosting it now.

Luck;
Ken

I used this to write the image to an 8GB uSD:
http://www.vconsole.com/client/?page=page&id=29

And this to extend the partition:
http://www.partitionwizard.com/?pw

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 05-31-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #13
Squarty

Well done guys.

At the moment I am at work, as soon as possible i will try.

Thank you very much, I didn't expect so many answers
Old 05-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #14
Squarty

Mmmh I don't know if the image is corrupted.

Can you try again to dump, using another software such as
http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
Old 05-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #15
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Did you extract the AuraHD.img file from the compressed AuraHD.rar file?

Then write the .img file, with the free tool I mentioned, onto a freshly formatted
uSD card?

What exactly makes you think the file may be corrupted?

Luck;
Ken

PS; It also may be that there is a check for the device's serial number, to accept
the card. The image may need to be made "generic", to use the way you are.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=201640&page=2

Any binary file editor will let you see the SN, I use HexEdit4. You might want to
change it to the one on the box your Aura came in. At least the one at offset 200h
in the beginning of the .img file. That, and a hard/factory reset should make it
appear as your old Aura to Kobo.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 05-27-2013 at 10:43 PM.